Agnostic.com

8 3

LINK AZ Teacher Fired After Repeated Acts of Bigotry Against LGBTQ, Atheist Students | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

Lead paragraph of article....

A teacher has been fired from the Chandler Unified School District in Arizona because of her faith-based bigotry against a transgender student, according to the East Valley Tribune. It wasn’t her only act of hate.

snytiger6 9 Oct 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

All religious fanatics are brainwashed to the nth degree and should never proselytize.

Good, and I do hope no one els will employ him if he doesn't change his ways.

What took them so long? ...oh, right, Arizona. 🙄I hope those students get compensation with their grades.

I fantasize about the kids creatively marking up all her gifted Bibles, filling them with inserts that point out all the bullshit errors and contradictions, add in a dose of open mockery as well, and mail the lot back to her.

Perhaps we should all send her copies of the Torah, the Koran and the Pastafarium. 😉

I’m biased about this, just to be clear.
I hope she dies of COVID-19.

"She handed out bibles in class."

And the district still allowed her to teach? One wonders, would they have been so tolerant if she were handing out Korans? Most public school systems have prohibitions against proselytizing. The district seems to have bent over backwards (so to speak) for her.

Welcome to Arizona. An awful lot of Arizona is stuck in the last century. Many counties, mine included, if you are not a staunch repuklican you don't even consider running for office. Inroads are being made as the percentage of registered Dems is increasing and there is a chance that the state legislature will turn blue, just maybe. mark Kelly will win the senate seat so that helps a lot.

Not just Arizona, the whole Bible Belt as well.

Late 19th and early 20th centuries.

And the religious wonder why there numbers are dropping. Another reason I'm glad to be an Atheist.

Hope they keep going down.

I hope the kid(s) sue. Seems litigation is the one way to open people's eyes

She will probably blubb her eyes out with "The Big Bad Secular Wolf is coming to eat me!", LOL!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:543471
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.