Agnostic.com

8 10

LINK Some doctors fighting the pandemic now have another thing to worry about - CNN

For months Dr. Jinendra Satiya has faced fears on the frontlines of a deadly pandemic, treating coronavirus patients.

But now the doctor, on a fellowship at a Boston hospital, is facing a new anxiety: that new immigration restrictions could make it harder for him to stay in the country.

Satiya is one of thousands of foreign doctors who came to the United States on a visa that recently landed in the Trump administration's crosshairs.

A proposed rule could make it more difficult to renew J-1 exchange visitor visas, which allow scholars, doctors and others to live temporarily in the US while they study or receive training.

On the surface, it may sound like a small bureaucratic move. But Satiya and organizations representing doctors across the country warn it could affect medical care for Amjericans at a time when the country needs resources to fight the coronavirus pandemic.

HippieChick58 9 Oct 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

45 will do anything to rid this country of brown and black people, partly because it makes his base happy.

MizJ Level 8 Oct 25, 2020

Is it just my weird imagination or the longer the pandemic lasts, and health care and insurance is reduced, the number of non-productive, poor, entitlement people will stop being a drain on the economy!

Yeah. We waited too long. They should have been gotten rid of long ago. Then their kids wouldn't have been born either. So, this pandemic is a good thing?

@PondartIncbendog I don't know for sure, but if it's god's will, why should we interfere? That seems to be our governing leaders response

Cutting off their noses to spite their own faces.

I sincerely hope that this is an exaggeration. If it is not it's a travesty and stupid.

There is some truth to the charges that both sides exaggerate and push out rabble-rousing statements.

I expect that many foreign doctors are working in hospitals treating Covid 19 patients. Trump is doing his best to sabotage our response to the virus. Is he working for Putin?

So, knowing drump, I expect mass deportations by next Tuesday......

More proof that me the president doesn't care about us and like to rattle his saber to get attention.

It is saddeningly amazing how destructive and hurtful Trump decisions to\end to be.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:546348
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.