Agnostic.com

14 7

LINK Cardinal Raymond Burke: God Says Gays Have No Right To ‘Form Families’ | Michael Stone

Catholic Cruelty: Cardinal Raymond Burke, responding to recent reports that Pope Francis approves of civil unions for gay people, argues that, according to God, gays have no right to “form families.”

snytiger6 9 Oct 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think there's enough evidence that gay folk have been forming families since recorded history...before most of the popular religions of today even existed.

No natural right, that's for sure. Maybe by adoption, but why should the cardinal have any qualms about adopting a starving pathetic kid?

I guess the Cardinal is now in trouble with the Pope, who says otherwise.

According to god gays are only men. Women as property did not even rank high enough to be considered as gay. So much for god and the bibble.

But but but are they not supposed to obey the speaker of god's word on Earth? (ie the pope) to criticize the pope is to criticize god's chosen.

Beat me to it. I feel a schism coming on!!

@Paul4747 Did you see a doctor? Perhaps you're eating too many onions.

@Paul4747 There have been rumours before of popes being "removed" from office because they would not do what the bishops/cardinals who put them there wanted.

His personal god says that about gays. His bible says nothing about gays forming a family.

More delusions from a delusional jackass.

The man is demented. No sane person should accept what he says.

According to god you can have slaves and kill babies, why not push that instead cardinal nazi!

Soon to be excommunicated, i presume...defying the Pope?!!?

Yes, there seems to be lots of backlash from the conservatives - elaborate, picky contortions that argue that what you heard the pope say is not what he meant, that the letter of the law still says gays are bad and will destroy "anthropologically proven" (sounds scientific to me!) marriage between a man and a woman. (Are gay people responsible for all the hetero divorces in our society? Psychic vibrations or something?)

[patheos.com]

Sounds like Burke is thinking of unseating his eminence, what a Card! I have known no gay people who "suffer" from their attraction lol!

But priests have the right to fuck anyone they want.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:546375
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.