Agnostic.com

14 1

Do you believe people when they say they've seen god?

Do you believe the devout Christians when they say that they have seen god in their dreams or in real life? No, I'm not talking about him being on toast or a dog's backside. I mean if they state they have seen him in their dreams or if they almost died and saw him. I find that all to be delusional thinking, and I question one's sanity.

Sarahroo29 8 Nov 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I believe they believe but I do not believe anything more than that.

That would be inaccurate, considering no one is allowed to see The Father by any means.

No, not really... I used to think that I saw God, but that was just the tequila talking... Seriously those people are just having flashbacks of their LSD days, or whenever they drink or just that they have very creative imaginations and have to create a God to cover their thoughts... Real bulshit if you ask me... The only god I've ever seen is the one in the mirror, the only light there is for me... No one's got my back by myself, there no Angels or God or devil or anything going to cover me or take me down except for me... I wish people would come to that realization then we would have a less dependent Society, one built on progress of the human species as a whole as opposed to one small group getting the lead on everyone else and taking the rest down that that that is not what human progress is about?

It's a god delusion they all share.

I have to answer your question with my question which is: why would I?

SamL Level 7 Nov 28, 2017

I don't.

I don't believe them any more than I believe people who say they've seen Elvis alive and well.

I don't either.

I don't believe them either.

No. I think they are having an experience, but nothing supernatural is happening.

I agree.

I’ve seen many fantastic things in dreams. I sometimes fly in dreams. That does not make me a bird. It’s just a dream.

Agreed.

I think they are lying in an attempt to get attention

turf Level 5 Nov 27, 2017

I think so too.

No. Not at all.

I would believe that THEY believe they saw god ,but personally I think it is delusionl misinterpretation nonsense

I fully agree.

I've never had anyone say that to me, but if someone did I would just chalk it up to delusional, wishful thinking.

It's more sad than funny.

No. Not in dreams or visions. But there are some pretty intriguing near death stories out there which are pretty tough to explain. For example, people having out of body experiences and describing details of goings on in the room which they could not possibly have known about unless they were observing from outside of themselves.

Perhaps.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:5496
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.