Agnostic.com

23 4

Love or to be loved

Would you rather to be able to love everyone but no one loves you or be loved by everyone but you are not able to love anyone?. And why you choose one not the other one?.

Truthfacts 4 Apr 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

23 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I go for the 2nd, then at least people are happy to have me around, even if I hate them.

I have to agree. I think it would be very lonely to love and not be loved in return and hate isn't necessarily the only other option. Maybe you just like them a whole lot. That could work too.

Ditto, but I enjoy loving someone more.

How could you enjoy being around someone you hate, and if you can do it, differently you will enjoy being around people you love more, how the other really really feel about you it’s hard to know, just enjoy your Love to them, don’t waste your energy trying to figure it out.

I choose both ways, no doubt. Unfortunately life usually have other plans

hang in there 😉

Goes both ways.

Egads, Truthfacts, I'd rather be alone! 😉 Either path sounds too dreary. One path is for martyrs, the other narcissists.

Easy. To love.

I just enjoy loving more than being loved.

One without the other doesn't work for me at all.

I'd rather love than be loved. If I'm doing the loving, it means that on some level, at least, I'm experiencing some joy. If I am loved but feel none, myself, I am wasting an opportunity to feel joy. Feeling anything is better than feeling nothing.

Deb57 Level 8 Apr 11, 2018

I will keep giving unconditional love without any expectation that way I will not be dissapointed

Rosh Level 7 Apr 11, 2018

You must be a very happy person, how could you not be happy when you around people u love even just thinking about them will make you happy. That’s the way to go.

I'll take the former, please: it's relevant to my needs.

Bodhisattva vow: I'm sticking around this awful place until everyone else gets into heaven (i.e. is liberated from suffering) before me. I don't need to be loved to do that.

I think loving yourself by being loving caring honest will ease your suffering, I love you because we sharing this little tiny place call earth that flying in this huge universe , we sharing this earth for a short tiny time in comparison to earth time, so let us make the best of it and forget about god ,heavens or hills because I don’t believe there’s any.

To love, because to go through life feeling no love, even for yourself is a horrible fate. Never met a happy narcisist.The sadness of the first is outweighed by the pure desolation of the second.

Kimba Level 7 Apr 11, 2018

The ability to love others, for that is what keeps your spirit light and free, it was one of the main reasons we were sent here imo, I do things, 'show love' to people all the time and I am used to not getting any back, I don't mind.

Good question! I have a personal dilemma regarding this topic. I'm still in love with my current ex struggling to let go. My ex before that is still in love with me. It's frustrating either way, ideally love would be mutual in my mind. I desire both but it seems my timing sucks?

Neither. Love doesn't work unless it can go both ways.

Neither. I love a few people, and a few people love me.
That's all that is necessary to me.

Nonsense, everyone on here loves Gator!

@SpikeTalon That's sweet, but we both know it's not true. 😉

@KKGator Well, ya can't fault me for tryin' to be positive though, lol.

@SpikeTalon No harm, no foul.
Nice effort.
😉

I'm going to think about this all day. I like the question

To love someone.

To love.

I can't tell. I have a fatal character flaw, I tend to have a high regard for most people I meet, fall in love easily and dislike only a handful. Unfortunately I can never tell if anyone loves me and I tend to doubt that anyone would. Killed my marriage.

The most important to love yourself by being a loving caring honest..... person because you are with yourself 24/7. As far as other loving you, it’s very hard to know and you shoud not care much about it because if they fake it , it’s their lost. You will be having fun with them because you love them and they will be eating themself because they don’t love you. Just don’t worry about their love and have fun when you around them .

Really tough decision. I like feeling loved. It's nice to hear. Has to be sincere, not just words.

No matter how much they love you how could you be around them if you don’t love them and worse if you hate them.

What could it be? Am I rather eat soup with a fork or a knife... what could it be?

Itbis a matter of perspective, depending where you are in your life. Some times one, sometimes the other. Pick your choose. Hee hee

Its a two way street for me

Both are good. I see no reason to choose.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:55091
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.