Agnostic.com

10 10

LINK Priest Says Yoga Teacher Can’t Rent Space in Church Because Yoga is Unchristian | Megan H | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

Atsuko Kato is a UK-based yoga instructor who’s been teaching classes for 25 years. In order to teach her classes, she needs to rent facilities, so she asked a church in the city of Devon if she could use their space.

They said no… because yoga was not “compatible with the Christian faith”

snytiger6 9 Nov 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Morrons.

Some faiths even try to dissuade people from attempting the forms because 'you are worshipping the original diety even if you don't intend too.' Yoga by anyother name is just the same... there goes the crazy.

My grandmother's funeral service was in a Catholic church. I doubt yoga would offer so many stretches and flexing.

What about Yogi Bear? Or Yogi Berra? "You can observe a lot by just watching."
"Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded."
"It's like déjà vu all over again."
"It gets late early out there."

Didn't Jesus say "the joke is easy and my yoga is light?"

Technically speaking MOST Christians are NOT compatible with the Christian Ideology.

Pardon my ignorance, but where they get that stupid idea.

From their own overheated imaginations caused by reading too much of the Buy Bull.

@anglophone And let us not forget that their Preacher, aka Tithe Collector, tells them as well AND they MUST believe every word he/she dribbles.

That ‘old time religion,’ is still live and well! Narrow minded people must head up most of it! I hope they do not end up, needing cutting edge medical treatment! Because they are not found in the Bible! I am so thankful my mind has not made of me...a prisoner, of long ago words!

Seems like they could bend the rules a bit....

They're only interested in another kind of bending and stretching.

Of course, anything other than pie in the sky that makes you feel relaxed or enables you to become fit and feel good is off limits..

...and improve health!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:551136
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.