Agnostic.com

1 8

LINK I’m sorry this post is so dark, but we need to get the word out about the COVID-19 situation in Nebraska | Nebraska Medicine Omaha, NE

This is a personal Facebook post shared by Nebraska Medicine critical care anesthesiologist Dan Johnson, MD, to his friends and family about the seriousness of COVID-19. It is shared with permission from Dr. Johnson.

I'm sorry that my first Facebook post is so dark, but we really need to get the word out. Please inform your family and friends of the current COVID-19 situation in Nebraska and throughout the Midwest.

COVID-19 Situation Update – Nov. 10, 2020
Daniel W. Johnson, MD
Critical Care Physician in Omaha, Nebraska

Douglas County and the State of Nebraska are setting new records for new cases and hospitalizations every week. The number of deaths caused by COVID-19 will increase severely in the next few weeks.

HippieChick58 9 Nov 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This level of denial makes me crazy. I wonder if I need to be on an antidepressant. The stress, on some days, has kicked the irritable colon into overdrive. We read about countries that have the outbreak under control and it makes me even sadder for us in America. Then spikes in areas that thought they had a good bead on things begin and the idiots here in my country use it to justify not restricting people. The University and grade schools have in person classes and there has been a steady increase in community spread. CWU seems to have it under control and students are planning to head home for the T-day break (😟 ) while the community spread has slowed and there are no COVID patients in hospital. Thing is my county is surrounded by counties out of control and in phase 2 restrictions while my county is in phase 3 or reopening. We will most likely be restricting if not going backwards.
I fear healthcare providers will just quit and I really DO NOT blame, in fact I'd encourage it, might be the only thing to wake idiots up.

Many of us share your pain and frustration.

I feel lucky to live in W.WA...

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:553152
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.