Agnostic.com

9 6

LINK Mike Huckabee: Chick-fil-A is Betraying Customers by Avoiding Anti-LGBTQ Groups | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

Chick-fil-A announced earlier today that it would be restructuring its charitable giving program in a way that will prevent money from going to anti-LGBTQ organizations.

That’s not what they said, but the end result is the same. For years, the restaurant chain’s non-profit foundation has been giving donations to the Fellowship of Christian Athletes and the Salvation Army, both of which oppose marriage equality even if that’s not at the core of their missions. In the past, they’ve supported explicitly anti-LGBTQ groups. That’s no longer going to be the case.

snytiger6 9 Nov 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Chik is betraying the people of the world by supporting Mango Menace.

chick fillet can go away .....hobby lobby too

Sounds like a step in the right direction. I've been attacked elsewhere for making such a statement but I will continue to applaud a person or an organization that moves in the right direction (so long as it is far enough to stop causing harm). We have to be willing to accept progress toward the end goal even if the interim steps aren't quite as far as we would like.

I think it's a reasonable course correction.
They're allowed to give their money to whomever they please, or not.

I still won't patronize that business.

Huckabee can go kick rocks.

He can go sit on a big huge cock.

Never ate at one as they are not in my area.

I thought Chick-Fil-A said they wouldn't do that anymore? What was the update on that?

I never eat there. Popeye's has a better tasting sandwich.

I don't do fast food anymore. Pubs have much better burgers and sandwiches... and they serve beer.

I still won't eat there. Damage done. And, Huckabee can go back to playing bass with his pedophile friend.
Aside - looking at the Chik ad campaign, with all their purposeful misspellings, I've decided it isn't because they know people think cows can't spell, its because of the shitty education the evangelicals give their kids and those kids can read the slogan better.

Does Chick-fil-A prefer than every man should Fill-a-Chick? 😛

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:553823
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.