Agnostic.com

9 3

LINK Christian Group Lashes Out After Melissa McCarthy & HBO Max Rescind $20,000 Gift | Beth Stoneburner | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

Actress Melissa McCarthy has been promoting various charities as part of a promotional tour for her newest film Superintelligence. With HBO Max chipping in $20,000 per charity — for 20 days — this was bound to get positive press.

That is, until one of those charities, unbeknownst to McCarthy, was an anti-abortion and ostensibly anti-LGBTQ group called Exodus Cry.

snytiger6 9 Nov 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If the Christian Group lashed out, they weren't very Christian.

Ouch, it must hurt them.

Boo-fucking-hoo.

Seems to me people get to give their money to whomever they please.
They also get to rescind any donations they please.

I'd just avoid any charity that's named after a book of the Bible altogether if it were me but you know..

A good rule.

Those poor Christians. Not only do they not understand their bibbles, it looks like we will never get them all aborted.

Aw, poor widdle God-bothering Christians, did their secret get out at last and Melissa stopped funding their stupidity?
Well done Melissa, keep up the Good and Great work.

I wouldn't give them even 20 cents.

Their choice who they give it to, no signed contract.

It will never end.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:553828
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.