Agnostic.com

10 2

LINK Christian Astrophysicist Has 5 Unconvincing Reasons She’s No Longer an Atheist | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

In a comment that’s had over 5,000 retweets (so far) and well over 50,000 likes, astrophysicist Sarah Salviander listed five reasons she converted from atheism to Christianity.

snytiger6 9 Nov 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Unconvincing is right. The only point I can see in Mehta posting such a challenge is for free thinkers to test our debate skills, to see how easily and well we can refute her points. The problem is it seems not even worth the effort. Her first two points are clearly false, but because she has not defined her terms "science" or "case for Jeebus," (wtf is her "legal" case, anyway?), Bothering to argue with it is like trying to catch air with a butterfly net....total waste of time. Her last three points are purely about her own subjective feelings, and again she conveniently fails to define her claims for "evil," "hope," or what it is she cherishes. I am confident she is delusional on all counts, but without explanations for her claims, there is literally nothing concrete to argue. Her methodology shows her to be anything but scientific.

There; that was my morning time-wasting rhetorical flex. I feel much better now. Meh.

The first two statements are not consistent with anything I have read. The next three are consistent with what she believes, which cannot be argued.

Okay, she immediately lost me with "Genesis is consistent with science." WTAF? Seven day creation. Light before the sun was created. A talking fucking serpent....just to name three nonsensical, non scientific, things in Genesis.

Well then she's not an astrophysicist in my book anymore.

WFT, has she just suffered a very severe case of Cerebral Anoxia or what?

Maybe she will change her mind with a good slap up side the head.

With a nice length of 4"x2" timber, hardwood may work best in this circumstance I think.

Bullshit!

OMG! I read her 5 reasons and it is all so damned lame! Who could possibly believe the reasons? It makes little sense. What it means to me is that she was raised without god belief (even though she calls it atheist) then later on she discovered religion for the first time and took off with it. Religion seemed to satisfy the "hunger" that she had inside. OK for her but not OK for me, and I have also been there.

She needs to get out more

Education and intelligence are not always mutually inclusive.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:555781
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.