Agnostic.com

10 12

Paranoia of this time: Is anyone watching how many Electoral College members are getting calls from drump? Remember that fool in PA trying to change her certification after he called?
I believe he should not be calling/contacting Any of them, but would not be surprised in the least to find out he (and/or his cronies) are doing so.

AnneWimsey 9 Nov 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

At this point in the game with so much going for Biden anyone who tries anything sketchy will probably end up in jail after a couple of months of the Biden administration. Even high profile republicans are backing away slowly from the orange dumpster fire and the only ones hanging on are the ones who are so deeply invested in him that their careers are as good as done as soon as his is. All of the "Q-anon" believers have been let down because the predictions did not come true and they have to face the fact that they followed a false path. I do believe that we are going to see a snowball of justice roll down a big mountain and get bigger and bigger until trump, bar, and all their co-conspirators end up in prison.

Sounds wonderful!

@AnneWimsey it will take some time but we will see him lose everything. Maybe even go to prison. I would love to see him get convicted of treason then have to face one of the firing squads he is so hot to get reestablished. Ivanka, jared, Don Jr. and the rest of his corrupt family are going to be in serious trouble as well and will provide you and I as well as a multitude of others months and years of joy as we watch them twist in the wind as they attempt unsuccessfully to save their worthless hides while going broke from lawsuits and fines and jail terms that leave them destitute. Fear not Ann. Our time has come and we will be able to rejoice while eating popcorn as we watch the entire shitshow collapse and I for one will revel in the happiness of their continuing downfall

I don't think SCOTUS wants to rock the boat too much. There are an awful lot of unknowns about the political future of this country. If for example, the Democrats got the two Georgia Senate seats, Trump's appointed Justices might face impeachment if their actions could be taken as a flagrant undermining of the Constitution. Seeing as how that's what Trump is all about, I suspect SCOTUS will want to distance themselves from too much controversy.

TO_BY Level 7 Nov 28, 2020

I wouldn't worry about it. Even if he does manage to convince some to be faithless, Biden has too big a lead for him to make up. And if he somehow did get enough of them to betray the will of the people, there would be an uprising.

That was a foolish Wayne County Board of Canvassers member in Michigan, and I should know, I live here (to my growing shame). Even worse was Norm Shinkle of the State Board, who voted against certification because he apparently endorses the conspiracy theories about voting machines changing votes from one candidate to another.

But now that Michigan has certified the vote, our electors are locked in. It would take a large number of faithless electors to change anything. And in 2016, the only faithless electors voted for Clinton rather than their states' vote for Trump.

Is he allowed to do this 🙄

They weren't electors, they were state voting commissioners.

Billary was contacting Electors 4 years ago and 5 of them did take away from their state wide winner....the massive corruption of both gangsters demonRATs/rethuglicans is only new in scale millions this year when 1796 was just a few hundred drunks voting 3 or more times..... the Jeb Bush crime families did to PRESIDENT Gore what BidenS crime families are doing to TrumpOLINI 19 STATES illegally kept WWW.HOWIEHAWKINS.US off the ballot.... wake up to NaziAmurrikkka

Slippery slope

bobwjr Level 10 Nov 27, 2020

I fear I'm a little more worried about the electors than the court.

I have a nightmare scenario in my brain, in which tRump keeps appealing all his court losses, some of which he is doing, loses at every level, and yet takes it to the Supreme court, where his hand-picked cronies, plus Alito and Thomas, defy all logic and hand him a victory.

I have the same nightmare! 😢

That is not an irrational fear because it certainly seems to be Goldfinger's final aim. His gold invalidating nuke, to stay with my moniker's metaphor, will likely fail as I have doubts Roberts, Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, and maybe Amy will go along with it. Doesn't really advance their religious aims to go along with it and might get them impeached for doing so (if Goldfinger isn't successful at legislating under such a ruling and is therefore removed by other means).

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:556426
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.