Agnostic.com

34 11

Are we all tired of being classified by a color, or what???

I hate racism.
Most of you still dwell in it though..
With your black-this and white-that...
It's childish, isn't it?
We are human beings with different skin tones.
?
If you want to classify people, why not start with cultural standards?

FinchiMcQ 6 Apr 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

34 comments (26 - 34)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This just a side comment but with DNA sampling a lot of us are finding out we are not what we seem

Shep Level 4 Apr 11, 2018

This never happens to me FTF.

This is a good approach if you are on the right side of the dominant cultural privilege. If you are holding the shitty end of the racial stick where you have to live, you view things from a somewhat different perspective. It may be childish in theory, but when it's you on the bottom for no reason other than your color, it's not theoretical. I agree with your point. Good luck getting rid of it, except in your own life, and even then it's harder than you think. The point of racial privilege it's you don't even realize when you are exerting it. I wish it wasn't that way. Lots of things I wish.

It doesn't matter what we think..it's how the world perceives us, and for some weird reason, white people are currently the top status in color.

No matter where I've lived, to my shock, people still judge you by your skin color..even in Haiti where almost everyone is coal black, and very African. If your skin is lighter, you are often assigned "elite" status.

I don't see color as something we do to ourselves as much as something we do to others. An immature self image leaves us feeling inadequate. We wrongly try to elivate our sad selves by deminishing others.

I can't wait for the day when we just judge people based on their merits alone. As far as I'm concerend nothing else matters.

I agree, except for cultural standards. Sadly for me, there is only one culture, the industrial culture. Before that there were many, each in response to the environment in which it evolved.

Personally - come to my facebook page.. I am a musician and activist who has fought this my whole life.. My friends are all the same and many of them roots Rastafarian and activists .. Sometimes i deal with it by directly addressing issues with people .. sometimes by ignoring it into obvlivion .. Unfortunately the rest of the world isn't quite ready to forget so sometimes you have to face it head on.. Really wish people would wake up and understand !!

If you’re tired of it, imagine for one second how sick POC are of living it?
Claiming Colorblindness doesn’t help or fix anything.is anyone “guilty” of past transgressions? No, but you are responsible for your part in dismantling privilege today.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:55669
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.