Agnostic.com

11 8

LINK Bowling Green (KY) Fire Dept. Settles Lawsuit with Atheist Whistleblower | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

In 2016, atheist Jeffrey Queen filed an unbelievable lawsuit against the city of Bowling Green (Kentucky) based on what he witnessed while working for the fire department.

The lawsuit only came after his complaints were ignored, some by Deputy Chief Dustin Rockrohr (also named in the lawsuit), and after he was formally discharged.

snytiger6 9 Dec 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I watched @Wildgreens video earlier "Do I Deserve Eternal Torture". Plenty of it applies to this story.

Nasty business

And christians think it is brave to announce their faith on FB

So let me get this straight, he is discriminated against, threatened by rank and file and also the leadership. And their punishment is taxpayers pay damages? Seems like if I were a taxpayer there, I would want changes that eliminate this liability.

While Mr. Queen was absolutely right to bring his suit, and clearly prevailed despite settling out of court, this type of behavior is not remotely uncommon.
In fact, it's more prevalent than most people realize.
And it's not just within fire departments either.

@anglophone, I know. 🤬

The vile little shits all need to be fired.

Great news!

I hope the city fires all of them.

I doubt if that would ever happen since the poor little Jesus Jockeys would then start screaming Persecution.

FFS, I thought Fire Departments were there to put OUT fires, not as Recruiters for Religions and the K.K.K., etc.

They sit around for hours on end with nothing to do....idle minds do idle mind stuff

@Canndue That may be so BUT it is NO excuse any way you care to look at it imo.

@Triphid absolutely not

My nieces ex is captain of one of the stations down there. 😟

Very ugly people in the Fire department! I hope this guy got a big payout!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:558848
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.