Agnostic.com

5 8

LINK The Man Who Slapped a Female Reporter’s Butt on TV is a Christian Youth Leader | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

Over the weekend, during the Savannah Bridge Run 10K in Georgia, a local TV anchor was discussing the race when the live camera caught one of the joggers slapping her ass as he ran by. The footage went viral both because of the shocked reaction on her face and the disturbing fact that the culprit, whoever it was, seemed to touch her so casually. Like it was a normal thing to do.

It didn’t take long for the internet to figure out who the man was. Through the images available and his racing number, the man’s identity was quickly discovered. And wouldn’t you know it, he’s a Christian youth leader.

Tommy Callaway of Pittman Park United Methodist Church has since been banned from all future Savannah Sports Council races. He fessed up to the actions, though his lawyer’s statement needs a lot of work.

snytiger6 9 Dec 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Noo, a Christian Youth Leader slapped a women on her butt, never.

Of course he is! 🤣🤣

I hope he learned his lesson with the ban. His church needs to kick him out for his actions.

Such fine "leaders" are the gift that keeps on giving. They are the antithesis of Jesus so it's of little surprise to me that they act in opposing ways. Jesus was tender to women, as art has always shown (especially with Mary Magdalene), and they bestowed love upon Him. That means they must be demeaning and base. Spanking is an act bestowed upon the wicked so the act exposes the attitude. u$A really needs to address their attitude, not their belief, and their conduct will follow. While I don't like the idea of promoting religious ideas (I've been a militant atheist for 20 years) Jesus is the embodiment of God's love, according to CHRISTianity, and therefore a different being from the God of Moses. God's understanding that such a need would be necessary is why David prophesied Jesus. This is why Jesus needed to be of David's lineage and that connection lay within Mother Mary. Everyone is the lineage of God so that wasn't enough. David was the needed DNA. I use such arguments to try swaying them back to Jesus, who is far more liberal inducing, and hope it works. If it does then it happens at 3 am, or while trying to fall asleep, and the brain has digested this argument. I'll not know about the ah-ha moment but society's change of focus would be an indication that's having an effect.

There is little to no evidence of the existence of the biblical Jesus and even if he existed, everything said about him is pure hearsay.

@jlynn37 Congratulations. You've just not made a Christian more liberal friendly. Nice try but no cigar. I prefer those who get the cigar and actually make a difference.

@rainmanjr Your opinion is noted. The truth with facts hurt.

@rainmanjr Bloody Norah WHERE is the massive 'Eyes-rolling backwards' emoji when you really need it?
I rolled my eyes backwards so hard that it made them hurt.

@Triphid Take some aspirin and meditate. If no aspirin then just meditate. Maybe look at Tao before focusing on breath.

@rainmanjr Nah not into hocus Pocus stuff.

@Triphid No hocus Pocus with Tao. Is or isn't. Yin-Yang. That's all. I'm not trying to convince you of anything, though. I'm just pointing out that Tao isn't a dogma or mythology. Principles and practice. Follow them, don't follow them, Tao doesn't care.

@rainmanjr And neither do I regarding Taoism, etc, etc.

This was a year ago. We had several discussions on it then.

Leelu Level 7 Dec 10, 2020

It is sadly still a very relevant example of religious attitudes and debasement of women so a needed reminder. Nobody's going back to last year and reading posts so a reminder seems fine with me. In fact, the time lapse makes it even more urgent that we step up a response to such attitudes.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:559659
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.