Agnostic.com

6 6

LINK Survey: U.S. Christians Are Uniquely Ignorant About Accepting Evolution | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

Yesterday, the Pew Research Center released the results of a new international survey focused on biotechnology research. But I wanted to draw your attention to a couple of charts all about acceptance of evolution, the understanding of which is a prerequisite to knowing how CRISPR gene-editing technology works. If you understand evolution, you’re presumably more likely to accept biotechnology advances.

Religion, as usual, gets in the way of that.

snytiger6 9 Dec 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

And how long, precisely, did it take for that survey to come to the conclusion that we have all known for decades if not centuries?

It’s easier to stay ignorant than to self-educate.

Agreed for the willfully ignorant, but it's easier for me to satisfy my thirst for knowledge by self-educating.

The God Mob is alive and well in the United States of Absurdity.

Evangelicals have systematically promoted disinformation concerning evolution, and have worked very hard to prevent evolution being taught in public schools. It's no surprise that US Christians are terribly ignorant about this scientific theory. The Discovery Institute was created specifically to undermine the theory for fear it would take away Christian believers.

None of it matters. Their numbers are dwindling anyway.

Yet another good reason for saying that religion sucks. 🙄

On the link it's a shame they didn't replace the word "evolution" with the word "reality". 🤭

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:559966
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.