Agnostic.com

10 12

I love to play with scammers who call me!

Ring! Ring! An automated message says something about my account and if I want to speak with a rep, press 1. Of course I want to speak with a rep!

Rep: Hello, my name is Joseph.

Me: Hello, Joseph, I understand that there is a problem with my account, but the message didn't say which one.

J: It is your ATT account, ma'am.

Me: Oh, my!

J: Do you have an account with ATT?

Me: You called me, so you tell me.

J: It is an automated system that called, ma'am, not me.

Me: Yes, but why would the automated system call me if I didn't have an ATT account?

He ceases that line of questioning and says, "Your account has been compromised and has been suspended."

Me: Oh, my!

J: May I have your last name so I can look up your account?

Me: How do you know if it is suspended if you haven't looked it up already?

J: Ma'am, may I have your last name?

Me: Of course, young man! It is Jehoshaphat.

J: Can you spell that for me?

I do--quite incorrectly.

J: That's an unusual name.

Me: It's Biblical. Are you a Christian, young man?

J: Yes, ma'am.

Me: Then you should know the name.

J: I haven't read the Bible in a long time, but the name sounds familiar.

Me: You need to read your Bible more often, young man.

I am waiting for him to ask my first name so I can say, "Jumping," but he doesn't ask.

J: Ma'am, your account has been suspended, but we can fix that.

Me: Wait a minute--you found my account using that name?

Me: I want to be sure this is on the level: YOU found ME using THAT name?

Me: That is a load of bullshit as that is not my name.

He hangs up.

And so it goes.

Ring-ring. I answer the phone and get a recorded message telling me it's the Social Security Administration and my card has been suspended due to criminal activity.

OF COURSE I want to talk to a representative!

Him: Ma'am, what is your name?

Me: My name is Josephine Baker.

Him: Josephine Baker

Me: Yes. Josephine Baker.

Him: Can you spell for me the last four digits of your SS number?

Me: Of course I can! 6-6-6-6.

Him: 6666?

Me: Yes.

Him: Hold on a minute.

I hold on a minute.

Him: Hello, ma'am?

Me: I can't hear you very well. I am an old woman and am hard of hearing.

Him: Can you hear me now?

Me: You'll have to speak loud and clear. You sound like you are in an airport.

Me: You'll have to speak up!

Me: Yes, I can.

Him: Can you spell for me the last four digits of your SS number?

Me: I just did: 6666.

Him: Ma'am, that is not showing as your number.

Me: It isn't? Oh, my! I am an old woman and very forgetful. Maybe I forgot my number. Maybe I better check it.

Him: Yes, Ma'am, please do.

Me: Hey, idiot, do you think I am an idiot? You f**** scammer! Are you proud of yourself calling old people to scam them out of their money? Does your mother know that you are doing this?

Him: (Unintelligible.)

Me: Do you have no morals and no ethics? Do you think it is ethical to scam old people? What does your mother think about this?

Him: (Unintelligible.)

He hangs up.

I should have played with him some more before outing myself.

And another:

The following account contains cuss words.

Woman: “Hello, how are you today?”

“I’ll tell you how I am today. I’m pissed as hell that you call me for the 457th time while my country is being ravaged by Covid 19: 10,000 people have died and YOU are calling to bother me yet again with another fake offer for a credit card that I don’t even have. Have you no shame that you bother people when their world is falling apart?”

She tries to say something.

I shout—and I mean shout--“YOU ARE SHAMEFUL, SHAMEFUL, SHAMEFUL that you call people in their hour of need and bother them with this shit. You are a useless, shameless piece of shit! People are dying all over and you are running your fucking scam.”

Silence, but she has not hung up.

I say, “If you are religious, your god is looking down on you and is ashamed that you are doing this, you fucking piece of shit.”

She mumbles something in a foreign language so low that I cannot even tell if it is Spanish or Mid-Eastern and then, silence. I ask, “Are you still there?”

She replies, “Get out of my life.”

I respond, “Get out of YOUR life? YOU called me.”

She hangs up.

I think that the mumbling might have been a prayer to ward off evil spirits.

Gwendolyn2018 9 Dec 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I used to have so much fun with them...

@Gwendolyn2018
No police departments call me anymore.

I have caller I.D. on my phone and only about 3 or 4 people that I know that call me very often. If I don't recognize the caller, I don't bother answering it. I figure if it's something important they will leave a message but none ever do. It saves me a lot of frustration from getting obnoxious calls like that.

How about just blowing a whistle in their ear as loud as you can.

Well done. While you hold them up they can't annoy anybody else, so you are a public service, I wish I had your patience. My favourite is to say. "If you know your extension number, press it now, if not etc. etc." Or. "Sorry no bobby here spake a da English."

I have thought of saying. "What colour are your underpants, you have a really sexy voice, can we talk dirty." But have not had the courage for that yet.

As soon as I determine they are scammers, I ask them if this is about account number
+666682221? And then they will ask you to repeat it. Then change it again. Have fun!!

LMAO ingenious

bobwjr Level 10 Dec 12, 2020

I knew there was a reason I liked you and the way you think. A long time ago I was listening to NPR and they had a segment about a person who recorded the calls he would get during the day. It ieas so funny I almost wet my pants. One was about a person who called asking if cleaning services were needed. The guy asked if they could get blood out of a carpet and then a couch, he really got going and finally the conversation ended. The lady calling him from the cleaning service called the police, they showed up at his door and the story still re,mained funny. It has been some times since I have thought of this. I will search for the segment and if I get anywhere I will post it.

Be careful! I tried that, and one time the scammer called 911 on me. It's probably better to just hang up and block them.

@Gwendolyn2018 I didn't threaten him. He retaliated because I called him a scammer. You've heard of SWATting someone; people can get killed that way.

@Gwendolyn2018 The guy who called me was in India or Pakistan. Okay, enough.

When I see a number or id I don't recognize I answer and then hang up. This has reduced scam calls a lot. LOL I once got a call with mysef on the ID.

I've gotten those , too, ID'd as me! Somehow they are able to do this, or to make it look like a local number. That's how the guy from India made 911 appear on my caller ID. I had a land line then. It's called "spoofing". They know people won't answer a call from an unfamiliar number these days. They have technology that allows them to do that.They are slime balls.

Ain't life grand?

You're having way too much fun!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:560309
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.