Agnostic.com

6 3

The ACLU argues that whistle blower Edward Snowden is a persecuted American hero, not a villainous traitor.

Do you agree with their assessment of him?

[aclu.org]

Zoltans_Queen 6 Dec 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Snowden is not traitor of any kind!!!

Unsure

bobwjr Level 10 Dec 14, 2020

No. I call him an egotistical egotist who engaged in criminal activity.

You think whistle blowing is criminal activity?

@Zoltans_Queen He did not just blow the whistle. He willfully released information to our international adversaries which hurt the U.S. in trying to deal with them.

@wordywalt

What choice did he have?

It was either remain silent, and be complicit in the crimes being committed, or give the information to the media and flee to someplace out of the reach of the American empire.

@Zoltans_Queen We always have choices. He put himself above the law and the national security interests of our people and nation. He was and is an extreme egotist.

@wordywalt And he sacrificed his life as he knew it to expose what was happening. That's a lot to give up.

@wordywalt

The NSA put itself above the law with all of their illegal spying.

Snowden exposed those crimes.

I don't know where you get this perception that it was purely ego on his part. He took an enormous risk and upended his entire life to make the world aware of the massive unconstitutional invasions of privacy of American citizens that the NSA was engaging in.

The man is a hero. The ACLA says so, do you not respect their opinion? He is now the president of the Freedom of the Press Foundation. What our government is doing to him is immoral.

@TheoryNumber3 Due to his extrme egotism, he simply goofed and has had to pay. That was his own mistake that he is paying for.

@wordywalt How did he "goof"? A U.S. federal court recently ruled that the surveillance program he exposed, was illegal and possibly unconstitutional.

Yes, I do

I'm very glad there are courageous people like Snowden willing to sacrifice their own lives for the greater good.

The man should be pardoned, welcomed home with a parade, given an official apology, and offered his job back.

. . . false dichotomy
I wouldn't go so-far as 'hero', but certainly courageous, admirable.
I would not want a world without whistle-blowers.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:560732
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.