Agnostic.com

8 9

LINK Denny’s Server Quits After Customers Cite “Religious Exemption” to Wearing Masks | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

In a disturbing video from September, now going viral on Reddit, a woman working at a Denny’s in Franklin Park, Illinois quits on the spot after two customers enter without masks and demand to be seated anyway because of their “religious exemption” to the requirement. (Follow link to see the video)

snytiger6 9 Dec 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What I'd fucking give for an update to this story that tells us those two men contracted Covid and died in the ICU because there wasn't enough vents for them. That the story doesn't end like that is all the proof I need god doesn't exist. 😝

A religious exemption ok what wacky religious belief says that you shall not waer a mask buring a pandemic? I work in a supermarket in the uk and i know how she feels we are not allowed to ask anyone to wear a mask. Most people do but some will not and clail medical exemptions they can get a special lanyard to wear. the thing is most who don't wear a mask for this reasion say they can't breathe but they do smoke.

There is no such medical condition that necessitates not wearing a mask, especially not one that means you can walk around a store, unaided, without supplemental oxygen. We should be allowed to choke to death anyone who uses that excuse, if only so they can know what it actually feels like to not be able to breathe just before they die.

Fucwits 🤬

She shouldn’t have quit her job over it though.

if you have to deal with idiots all day sometimes its the only way to walk out. I have several collogues of work with stress related problems because they have to deal with toss pots all day. The pandemic as made things much worse

Her boss should have stepped in and threw the customers out. Illinois has strict rules - I hope she sues her boss for breaking the law at her expense.

He did. Didn't you watch the video?

As a business owner you have the right to refuse to reserve service for anyone. 🙂

That's not technically true.

It is such stupidity that is spreading the virus! 😟

Actually, Stupidity IS becoming a new virus.

But unfortunately one with no cure.

I believe that denny's has the right to say you wear a mask or no service.

I wish my work place had that policy.

Absolutely, we need to end this lunacy

They do. Same as your house. It’s your right to say it’s my way or the highway.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:561218
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.