Agnostic.com

6 9

LINK Watch These Megachurch Pastors Praise Each Other in a Huge Christian Circle Jerk | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

I didn’t think I’d watch this whole 45-minute video, but after the first few minutes, I was hooked.

It’s all about “celebrity super pastors” — the circle of evangelical megachurch preachers who sit on each other’s boards, speak at each other’s churches, promote each other’s books, and more or less fellate each other at every opportunity. You can watch them doing it for the first seven minutes before you find out what’s actually happening.

snytiger6 9 Dec 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

...commending themselves to each other yeh

Yeah, because no sane person would.

? for the group, how many of them do you think are also closet gays? I tried watching the video, but after a couple minutes it was just too sickening. I've already seen enough of this in real life to last me until I die..

Circle jerking by a circle of jerks.. I used to work with a group that included a couple suck up yes men accompanied by the two managers that verbally sucked each other off. It really was a verbal circle jerk each time I was forced to attend a staff meeting. Truly nauseating.. Most toxic workplace I ever had and the boss was the most mentally ill person I ever met in my life. A micro-managing workaholic to boot.

I worked for that guy!

@Eazyduzzit I think a lot of us have. I used to have fantasies of killing him and getting away with it, totally uncharacteristic of me. Even years after leaving that job, I would still have dreams in which I was forced to temporarily come back and work at that job. Talk about dreaming that you've gone to hell...

Circle jerking going along with circular reasoning.

Birds of a feather flock together.

And Wankers of a feather will always wank each other.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:561794
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.