Agnostic.com

12 11

LINK E.W. Jackson: Parents Who Take Kids to Drag Queen Story Hour Should Lose Custody | Beth Stoneburner | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

We know that conservatives aren’t fans of Drag Queen Story Hour at libraries. But right-wing radio host and former candidate for Lt. Governor of Virginia E.W. Jackson took that even further, saying during a recent livestream that parents who take their kids to those events should lose custody.

He also compared the events to , proving he doesn’t know what that word means or what happens during story hours.

snytiger6 9 Dec 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

And at home he encourages the little children to dress up.

Once an ignorant prick, always an ignorant prick.

What the hell does he do during his story hours that this is what he thinks happens? I think he is just jealous because all of the kids there are taking up the seats so he can't get close and watch.

religious bigotry, I shake my head at their ignorance every time.

I'll go even further here and say that, imo, the parents should be applauded for showing the children that there ARE differences and different peoples in reality BUT those who take their often naive children to Churches should,

1. Be Charged and Convicted of Endangerment to Children,
  2. Aiding and Abetting Psychological/possible Physical Abuse of Children,
  3. Classified, Legally, as Unfit Parents and as such,
  4. and most important of all, have their Children REMOVED from their custody permanently.

I think parents who allow their children to be alter boys unsupervised in the sacristy should lose custody.

I would take it a step further and apply the same to taking children to church and sunday school before hey are old enough to have some understanding of what they are being told.

He is a faithfool that is a homophobic asshole. He hate people that are different than him. I guess he doesn't believe in following jesus teaching of love thy neighbors.

love thy neighbor as thyself.

The last thing I am worried about is kids going to a Drag Queen Story Hour. I do admit to not knowing why kids want to go but it is not my concern. Is this a fear that kids may become drag queens?

Wonder if he would change his mind if he attended one of the sessions?

Funny how he feels free to hate people who are doing no harm but are just different than him. Wonder how he feels about racism?

Finally, I take exception to his claim that bringing children to church is not abuse . Indoctrination of children is definitely abuse! Took years of my life getting away from that shit.

Yet, the same people will put kids in cages.

Sounds like E.W. is just another misinformed person and likes to run his mouth.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:562248
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.