Agnostic.com

15 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm sorry, but it seems to me that a lot of religious people who claim that their religions are peaceful when they're not are, quite frankly, a bunch of hypocrites.

No need to apologize if you're right (and the writer is). Nothing much to be done about it but Xtians opening their eyes to it would help. Oh, and it is going on today. Conversion Therapy is exactly like "the olden days," I gather.

Oh yes, Christian and their 'love,' but WHERE I ask is this so-called 'Love' when they will just kneel down and pray when a friend, family member, etc, etc, is dying in agony?
And yet, on the other hand, should a family pet, for example, become incurably ill or injured they are the first in line to seek to have its life ended without further pain and suffering.
Is the comfort and dignity of a dying pet/animal more meaningful to a Christian than that of Human Being?

I guess christians want to be treated how they treat others.

I think you meant DON’T want to be treated as they treat others.

@Detritus
I believe the bible tells them to treat others how they want to be treated.

@xenoview what has that got to do with real life?

@Detritus
Christians treat others like crap, which means they want to be treated like crap.

There are some genuinely good people who are Christians, and some awful, despicable ones who are Christian. Likewise, there are big differences between Christian denominations. Many United Church of Christ congregations are consistently there, marching in gay pride parades, and marching for women's reproductive autonomy, and who marched against Bush's invasion of Iraq, etc. And then there are the conservative denominations that are polar opposites.

I would not paint some of the good people I've known with the brush of the Church's Crusades, Inquisition, and other crimes just because they are Christian, despite the fundamental fallacy of their belief in god. People cherry-pick from the Bible to suit themselves. It's more of a mirror than anything.

Not any longer. Does not surprise me at all.

No. Because I know most of them are not living in reality anyway.

All the time! Biggest bunch of hypocrites ever!

It’s a hypothetical. I don’t know.

As annoyed as if a mentally ill patient starts talking loudly to some imaginary being on the street, you've seen people like this in any city.

They remind me of liberals and Democrats actually.

You lie!

It's the polar opposite, actually.

@yvilletom Nope. I have no reason to.

@CourtJester
If you’re not lying, you’re afraid to put your politicking in a politicking group cuz you know it will be ignored.

@yvilletom huh?

I am not annoyed. I am instead amused, and maliciously so, at these numbskulls trying to ram their bloodlusting genocidal maniac of a god down my throat.

I just correct them. "Oh you mean the Crusades, small pox infected blankets, the Spanish Inquisition, Slavery, Murder and Genocide?"

If actions aren’t there to back up the words...I dismiss their words as camouflage!

Yeah, that 'love the sinner, hate the sin' bullshit is so fucking annoying.

Agreed!

It annoys me a lot. Religion is totally made up and all you have to do to prove it is study how the bible as we know it came into being.

The only historical evidence of Jesus is a writing by Josephus a Jewish scholar. Josephus was born 5-10 years after Jesus death. The 4 gospel writers of the Znew testament we really don’t even know the names of the people who wrote them. Matthew, Mark, Kike and John were made up assigned names

@abyers1970 Might we also add that the Jewish scholar Josephus was "Romanised." As such he was commissioned to write a history of the Jews.

@DenoPenno Yes Good point as well that i forget to include

@DenoPenno In actual and historical fact Flavius Josephus ( the name he adopted after being freed from slavery to the Flavians btw) wrote the history of the Flavian Dynasty and called it the "Father, Son and the Holy Spirit of the Flavians, from which the Councils of Nicaea 'plagiarised' the Christian Holy Trinity.
Josephus DID write a "History of the Jews," but it was shunned by the Jews, as was he, and by the Bishops of Nicaea because it showed the Jews ( Hebrews) in the TRUE light of what they really were.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:563083
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.