Agnostic.com

10 9

LINK A Retired Cleveland Detective Says God Helped Him Crack Cases | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

You know how it’s always weird when a police department says they’ve hired a psychic to help solve crimes? And everyone says that’s a waste of , because it is, and then we all have a good laugh about the department’s incompetence?

Well, retired detective Rick Maruniak has just written a book about how he supposedly cracked cases with the help of the Lord called God Doesn’t Need a Badge.

snytiger6 9 Jan 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Why doesn't he just wait for the lightning bolts to fly? After all, isn't it only God's place to judge?

Well there goes all his convictions....I see s slew of people he had sent to jail or prison filing motions for new trials and a shitload of lawsuits against the state and his department...

Scary

Psychics offer help to law enforcement but anything they bring must be corroborated by hard evidence. As long as the legal process is followed he can believe in black magic as far as I'm concerned.

I smell sitcom!

I saw this story and had a good laugh

I think he just realized he'd at least have the christian audience for his book. I think his claim is made up just to sell books.

I think perhaps some organizations might want to re-visit the "evidence" he interpreted

You've got to joking.
So Sky Daddy is now not ONLY a Detective, but also a Forensic Expert, a Pathologist, a Criminologist, a Trace Evidence Expert, Fingerprints Expert, Ballistics Expert and a C.S.I.
Well, Interpol, the F.B.I., etc, etc, had better watch out because Detective Sky Daddy is now on the job BUT first He has to allow crimes to be committed that He could have prevented just so he can get all the Kudos.
Gee I feel so safe already NOT.

So much madness in this world.

And a complete Nut-case actually became a Detective as well.

@Triphid Well you know they are not fussy sometimes who they get.

God doesn''t need a badge? Neither did this guy. Lock him up.

In a Straight jacket AND a padded room as well please.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:565258
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.