Agnostic.com

6 8

[nola.com]
Willful irresponsibility justified under the guise of faith.
Faith is not a virtue but a vulnerable blindspot. We all have some things we just accept as fact, but we at least should not elevate that to a virtue. Yet religion does exactly that.

MikeInBatonRouge 8 Jan 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Of course. Criminals controlling scams, do not want people with the strength to 'accept facts' anywhere near them.

Yeah, too many pop-ups at nola dot com

I have no time for the yammering of the faithfools.

They're yammering, alright. But they are also spreading Covid-19. It is not what they say, but what they do that concerns me.

Mixing "faith" with the invisible man is a mistake. Faith is indeed not what it seems.

Faith per se ain't the problem, now blind faith is a different story, and I ain't talking about the Steve Winwood, Eric Clapton, Ginger Baker and Ric Grech supergroup.

Just so I understand your meaning, how do you distinguish some faith as blind, as opposed to other faith? Is that faith "despite" contradictory evidence?

@MikeInBatonRouge i have faith that your own curiosity will eventually prompt you to research the answer somewhere rather than asking someone else to solve your own doubts.

@Mofo1953 that was not a criticism of your statement, but a request for clarification of your intended specific meaning. I can't much research your intent elsewhere. To me, all faith is blind, so I suspected you mean some particular distinction.
But whatever.

@MikeInBatonRouge you said it, to you. Not to a dictionary for example.

In my honest opinion, the Religous would NOT know virtue/s even if it got up and bit them on their arse.

That feels like painting with a broad brush. My experience is that most religious , as misguided as they are, know and value virtues. Unfortunately, it is a vocal minority and leadership that I hold contemptible.....

@Canndue My very wide experiences, decades of them btw, have shown me that the Religious, seemingly, only to 'exhibit' such so-called virtues as and when it so suits them and their needs ,etc, etc, IF they can actually find/understand what they are at all that is.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:565324
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.