Agnostic.com

5 6

LINK Judge: Civil Cases Against Danny Masterson Must Go Through Scientology Mediation | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

Earlier this summer, actor Danny Masterson, best known for his role in That ’70s Show, was charged with three counts of rape. His criminal trial in that matter is ongoing and he is set to be arraigned next week.

But there were also civil lawsuits filed against him in 2019, alleging that the Church of Scientology, to which Masterson belongs, “stalked and intimidated” his victims after they made those rape allegations to the police.

And now a judge has ruled that the Church of Scientology will be allowed to handle mediation of those claims.

snytiger6 9 Jan 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Kind of like, imo, putting a Fox in charge of the Hen house isn't it?

Who the fuck cares about fucked up washed up actors. Fuck them all for all I care.

@linxminx agree, more the reason not to be an echo chamber for stupidity like this.

So, is the judge in this matter a Scientologist?

It is pretty ridiculous to hand over mediation to any church. Scientology has too much money in California. Much like the Catholic church having early control over the sex claims against them.

It is hard for me to review the origin of Scientology and cal it a church.

@DenoPenno That is precisely what you get when a Sci-Fi Author is a complete and utter failure then discovers (???) that Scamming the gullible IS far easier that getting rejection letters from Publishers.

As I have stated here before, join a cult and expect to be treated like a cult member.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:565495
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.