Agnostic.com

8 9

LINK Former PA State Rep. Rick Saccone Loses Teaching Job After Joining Capitol Coup | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

On Wednesday, I posted about how one of the right-wing activists who celebrated the Capitol siege was former Pennsylvania State Rep. Rick Saccone, a Christian Nationalist who spent years in the state legislature trying to pass bills promoting his faith instead of helping people. He even posted a video online bragging about how he was “storming the capitol.” ...

...It turns out that Saccone has been teaching history at Saint Vincent College for the past 21 years. After he gleefully celebrated the overthrowing of the government, the college began investigating him, and Saccone almost immediately submitted his resignation. Because it always looks better on a résumé if you quit before you get fired.

Saccone is now trying to walk his own actions back, saying he was just kidding around.

(It should be noted that the death toll from the attempted insurrection is now five... and that is no joke)

snytiger6 9 Jan 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Problem is, he apparently was once an elected representative. Did the people finally see the wolf in their midst? Now he's trying to play the tRump sour grapes game.

All of these fuckers should be “Waterboarded” and hanged like cattle.

Serves him right.

Originally I reserved these words for his buddy Donald. Now on Saccone's firing I say "it could not have happened to a nicer man." Somebody please follow up on this because it is real and deserves punishment.

He needs to be charge for rioting and treason.

Soon we'll be hearing how they are the true victims, and that the "system" is rigged against christers and wingnuts, sprinkled with a couple of jeez-I'm-sorries. JFC.

Started already.

Good!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:567119
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.