Agnostic.com

33 3

Do we need religion to prevent suicide?

Yikes, what a subject, right? But what if religion was created to also prevent people from killing themselves for the fear of going to hell? Is this also why most pro-lifers are Christian?

FinchiMcQ 6 Apr 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

33 comments (26 - 33)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Hardly. Religions cause suicide all the time.

Yep, everything normal is a sin with that bunch, masturbation, wet dreams, are all normal and healthy unless you are caught by your religious fanatic parents.

To me, if you truly believe in a marvelous Heaven you should hurry up the process of getting there, except Gawd told you not to.........ooopsy!

No.
We don't need religion for anything.

Funny you should mention this. Apparently, the opposite is true, at least for LGBTQ+ folks: [huffingtonpost.com]

Religion created to also prevent people from killing themselves for fear of going to hell? If no religion was created you would have no knowledge of hell.

Here is another thing about superstitious beliefs that are dangerous; over in Africa albinos are slaughtered to make magic and when I say albinos I am talking about human beings. Children dismembered because others believe their body parts will do something mystical for them. I would love to get every albino out of there and to a safe place but I know it is impossible.

Religion is only needed when a person doesn't have the guts or brains to face reality.

No - Just my take.
People end their life either spontaneously for instance in a fit of melancholy brought on my some all consuming life event - or in a measured thought out way, so they won't get found out -till its too late - anything else is para-suicide. Any which way they do it - religion wouldn't have stopped them; or it would have stopped them way before the planning stage.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:56759
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.