Agnostic.com

10 17

LINK Anti-Gay, Anti-Abortion WV GOP Lawmaker Resigns After Arrest for Capitol Siege | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

You may have heard that Derrick Evans, a newly elected Republican delegate from West Virginia, has resigned after getting arrested and charged with federal crimes for his role in the Capitol siege. The moron incriminated himself when he was seen shouting “Move! Move!” as well as “We’re in, we’re in! Derrick Evans is in the Capitol!”… on the footage he was taking.

But it’s important to remember that Evans was unworthy of public office long before last week.

snytiger6 9 Jan 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I read were Trump was disgusted with how "low-class" his supporters/rioters look. I guess he's been doing his rallies these last five years with his eyes closed.

Jeez, we can't all have cotton candy hair, orange skin and ill fitting suits with long ass ties, right?

I have been surprised by some of the people involved in the riots. There were a couple police officers from another state, an executive from a corporation, and a number of former military service men and women. They mostly looked rather ragtag, but that wasn't entirely the case.
I still have difficulty understanding them photographing themselves. It has very likely meant law enforcement could identify them without much trouble.

NPR reported that three of them had also rampaged into the Oregon Capital building earlier

Stupid can’t be fixed.

The bad thing is they won't use the real penalty for sedition and treason we've become too "civilized" but honestly extremists like him theres only one solution for and they wanted to do it to VP Pence.

They apparently wanted to go after Pelosi as well, and who knows who else. The handful of zip ties was a give away they had some nefarious in mind.

@RussRAB yup 100%.

They all need to lose their jobs and go to prison.

Look at how many flew to DC. Talk about fucking privilege - they have cash to fuck up, so stomp those shits into homelessness.

Just like Richard Barnett. This one tops it all in all my 55 years on earth. Fuckin’ moron HAD to know he was on camera.......and then he goes bragging about it in Little Rock, Arkansas to a reporter.

Yea........let’s go rob a 7-11 and film it.......and brag about it online and share the video and/or the pictures showing it.

This is WORSE than stupid. I can’t find an appropriate word for this one.

Isn't he the genius who is now claiming he was shoved into the building by the crowd and ended up in Pelosi's office because he was looking for a bathroom?

@dkp93 Not sure about that.

Typical brainless Trump filth.

This is good. We do not need white power or sedition.

Aw, so sad, too bad, I'm ever so glad.

It’s just not sutprising anymore.

Peoples fanaticism with religion and how they become so obsessed and personal about it, and the way they shoot down anything else as “Fake” or “Bad” and just get so indifferent to anything else that’s not the same as their own.

This was more the reason for me turning away from religion than the actual belief in it itself. And especially the Noah’s Ark story. In Catholic School around 5th grade I remember we were discussing it in class. Growing up on the water with a waterfront house on the South Shore on Long Island, I spent my whole life up to now Boating, and it just occurred to me that, How did that thing really float for nine months with all that rain? Not only that, but all those animals that were in it as well? It had no charts, no bilge pump, no depth sounder, no rudder, no type of ventilation. Not to mention all the food needed for Noah’s family and all the animals?

You would probably need about 5 or 6 ships the size of the Titanic to transport all of that, I started to think. That was the very first time I started to get suspicious, and it was 2 years prior to that when I learned Santa did not exist as well as the Easter bunny and tooth fairy 2 years prior.

Can you say poetic justice...

Perhaps 'Poking' Justice may well be more apt in his case...LOL.

Bu-bye, So Long, Farewell!

While I realize this may be a character flaw on my part, I can't help but take a certain amount of genuine pleasure at seeing assholes like Evans get what they deserve.
Fuck that guy!
😁

"Character flaw" my ass! Human feeling!

@AnneWimsey Would it, perhaps, be a character flaw to want to send him a few tubes of KY Jelly to 'ease' his discomforts whilst he is incarcerated....LOL

I have that flaw too

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:567762
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.