Agnostic.com

10 6

LINK Preacher John Piper Tells Young Man That His Sex Dreams Are a Sign from God | Beth Stoneburner | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

In case you were wondering what Christian preacher John Piper thinks about sex dreams — and nobody was — we now have the answer.

Someone dared to ask Piper how to handle such dreams, as a 31-year-old man who’s been “married for 12 years to a wonderful woman.”

Piper offered no advice of value. He said this was a common topic he’s asked about, which is a strange statement on its own given the existence of Google, and then proceeded to make everything worse.

… God uses false prophets and lying dreams, even accompanied by supernatural signs and wonders, to test his people. So, it’s not wrong while these dreams are tormenting you to say, “Dreams, Satan, brain, hormones, whatever you are, I won’t be sucked in by this. I see how my faith is being tested here. Do I love my wife? Do I love purity? Do I love holiness? Do I love Christ, who died to make me pure? Yes, I do. I will not be undone by this test. I will pass it by faith in the blood of Jesus to cover all my sins, to empower me to walk in the truth.”

snytiger6 9 Jan 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Dreams are what we secretly think about but are afraid to admit to ourselves. And it is important to understand that it is in our dreams that sometimes there is a hint about our happiness or that we are secretly worried about. Therefore, it is definitely not worth neglecting your dreams. In my opinion, the Chinese interpret dreams most successfully. Their centuries-old culture has always been focused on the study of human consciousness and subconsciousness. That is, when you see a dream about fish out of water, it tells us about some important event for our subconscious that our consciousness for some reason displaces or does not realize.

Wow, what religions is that? I want to join at once, on the double.

Faithfools believe some crazy stuff. Sex dreams are a natural thing.

I just love how God torments even the faithful. I guess that's why God created Satan in the first place - to deflect accountability for human suffering away from God who is ultimately responsible for everything.

Uh oh. An xtian has sex dreams? Someone get some reeds so he can flog himself

Who knew? And silly me whacking off to Farrah Fawcett poster when I could have been doing the same but with Mary Magdalene's wet pussy.

I think Farah Fawcett had better visuals.

@RussRAB not in my sex dreams

@Mofo1953 - To each their own.

@RussRAB no shit, Sherlock.

Imagine that. My sex dreams were signs that I do have sex dreams.

Who knew ???

Where, oh where are the Men in White Coats when you REALLY need them?

These preachers make shit up as they go along, just like some other dudes from a millinia ago.

If your shit-ass god interferes in my slumber rendezvous with Barbara Palvin...there will be hell to pay....

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:567763
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.