Agnostic.com

9 5

LINK Missouri Bill Would Jail Librarians Who Let Kids Check Out “Inappropriate” Books | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

One of the perks of the library system — besides your ability to check out books for free and reserve space and equipment — is that the larger ones will have just about any book you need. If they don’t have it, there’s a good chance they can acquire it for you.

But a Missouri Republican wants to punish any library that carries a book that’s very unpopular in the community. ...

...If librarians violate any of these rules, they would be subject to a fine of up to $500 or a year in jail.

snytiger6 9 Jan 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

FFS, here comes the Theocratic State of Missouri, U.S.A.
Forget about the "Ghost Busters" Yanks, it IS time to call in the "God-Busters."

Nice generalization of all of us who live in Missouri. Generalizations are lazy.

@redhog What ever you reckon.

@Triphid your prejudice is showing. May wanna take care of that

@redhog IF you don't mind me asking, were you born as a insulting arse-hole or are you merely PRACTISING to get your Diploma?

@Triphid ah so I'm the ass for pointing out your obvious prejudice. Nice try.

@Triphid also its spelled practicing

@redhog Well keep up the practicing and you never know, ONE day you MAY just become and Expert Arse-Hole.

@redhog In actual fact, yes, I am kind of prejudice about religions telling people what they should/should not read and the same, imo, goes for Governments as well.

@Triphid good attempt to evade your own words. But you show objectively intense prejudice toward the Midwest and missouri in particular. Which, as most prejudices are, is born of your own complete ignorance of the state. In essence you're very intellectually dishonest and prejudiced against a place you obviously know nothing about. Which in turn made you lash out and begin name calling when challenged.

Ben Baker has a major personality disorder. He forgets that his pride is a deadly sin.

That punishment is not enough. Since the community would be offended, public flogging is needed in addition to jail time.

Let's all just burn the books. Problem solved.

Don't they have anything better to do, like care about who have Covid and trying to get rid of it.

Governor Parsons has never issued a mask mandate. And actually held an event at the governors mansion while covid positive so there's your answer to that.

@redhog Yes, I have heard about the mask thing. I been verbally abused by some people of Missouri, along with co workers over mask wearing. I will not set foot in the state until later half of this year or later.

@freedom41 unfortunately I don't have that option. I live here lol

@redhog i got that impression.

One step closer to book burning. When your beliefs are so tenuous that reading contradictory thoughts scares the crap out of you.

Well, this is the state that sent that Nazi Hawley to the senate afterall. Those of us who aren't religious nutbar qanon jackasses are kinda outnumbered in most parts of Missouri.

My cousin, a retired cop in Missouri is a batshit crazy, racist, Trump nut. Considers himself a super patriot, kind of like Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson. 😁

@Barnie2years there are alot of batching crazy, racist Trump nuts here.

I prefer to leave Robert E. Lee and Thomas J. Jackson to the history books where they belong. It is difficult to judge them in the contexts of today when their time was so much different.

@redhog Lee and most of the other early generals in the Civil War spent time at West Point and took the same oath as everyone else to defend the Constitution. They chose to go to war against the government they had sworn to uphold, making them traitors. I'm sorry, but that negates being called a Patriot just as much as any military officer who participate in a government coup in any other country.
The mob that attacked the Capitol Wednesday, regardless of previous service or civil occupations are not Patriots, they are seditionists trying to overthrow the legally elected government.

@Barnie2years 1 problem. What they did was secede, which at that time was legal per the constitution. And I never called them patriots. Perhaps you could take some English comprehension classes to learn to actually read what's written and not just assume its something to trigger you.

This has been tried before and fail miserably.

Leelu Level 7 Jan 16, 2021

Cause nothing says freedom more than censorship

The primary freedom the patricians want is THEIR freedom to keep US as slaves. The real cause of the civil war..

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:569444
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.