Agnostic.com

8 9

LINK Panama Sect Tortures and Kills Indigenous People So They’ll Repent Their Sins | Val Wilde | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

Police freed 14 local indigenous people from a ranch in a remote part of Bocas del Toro, Panama, where they were being held prisoner by an evangelical Christian sect that wanted to force them, by any means necessary, to repent of their sins.

The police became involved after three prisoners managed to escape. They alerted authorities to the ongoing situation after reaching a nearby hospital.

A raid on the facility, which belonged to the local New Light of God Church, revealed a ghastly scene. Survivors, including two pregnant women and some children, had been bound and tortured, beaten with Bibles and wooden cudgels, cut with machetes, and burned in an attempt at exorcism and conversion that had lasted nearly a week at the time of the police raid.

snytiger6 9 Jan 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Heartbreaking...and brings to mind our own Native Americans who endured similar fates! Sometimes hate boils up inside me for these religious nut jobs! They are cruel and downright ignorant superior thinking people! Who, it turns out really are low level intelligent people!

That's way to extreme to convert. Even most christains would agree with that.

Sick and disgusting. I hope they get a long time in prison, and get tortured too.

No better than the catholic church original enslavement and conversion

After living in Panama City Panama for nine years until 2015!!!

I can attest to the overwhelming amount of evangelistic’s taking over and sucking in the poor and ill educated because there is not much hope of elevating one and their families out of overt poverty or even having basic needs met such as food and shelter on a daily basis!!!

As per usual, the Chrustians manage to have a case of Amnesia of Convenience when it comes to things like their 'exalted' 10 Commandments I see.
Here's hoping that the Courts don't suffer the same 'amnesia' when it comes to try the bastards for Torture and Murder.

They should all be thrown in the canal with their hands tired to see if their savior can teach them to walk on water! Horrible, horrible people using their mental disorder to hurt others.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:570043
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.