Agnostic.com

29 2

Dating And Relationships

What Are Men and Women Scared of on this site?

GregAndrews 5 Apr 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

29 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Iā€™m not scared of anything.

You have clearly not encountered a hoop snake.

@Palindromeman my son is dead. I lost my fear 2.5 years ago.

@NothinnXpreVails Sorry to hear that. I'm guessing you don't know about hoop snakes.

@Palindromeman no, not yet

@Palindromeman the thing about fear is that you have to value your life and well being in order to have it.

@NothinnXpreVails Okay, I clearly need to come clean here. Hoop snakes are one of the vintage Australian jokes we play on non Australians. The principle of a hoop snake is that it wraps its tail into its mouth and rolls down a hillside towards you. It's a dumb joke, ignore me, I'll be over here...

@Palindromeman hahahhahahahahhahaha I bet fucking Americans fall for that shit

@NothinnXpreVails All the fucking time! And that's before you introduce them to the real thing like huntsman spiders...

@Palindromeman spiders are so cool šŸ™‚

@NothinnXpreVails Okies, then. We agree to disagree. I've never met a spider that did not need a shoe...

@Palindromeman this is my most recent spider pic, I love these little boogers. The phenotype is amazingly beautiful, imo. Evolutionary masterpieces.

@NothinnXpreVails As long as they stay out of my car and my place of residence, they can do all the spidery stuff that they want...

People with out a picture

The same thing everyone's afraid of: meeting someone new, hoping you "click," getting to know each other, becoming vulnerable, hoping you like each other.

Failure, rejection

Nothing on this site. Off of this site, lions, tigers, and bears.

oh my

And lions and tigers and bears!

No more scammers for me.

did it once can do it again lol

Rejection

Spontaneous Human Combustion.

JimG Level 8 Apr 14, 2018

Something like this?

@HeathenFarmer Exactly!

Jesus? Or possibly the Pope. Also people who knock on your door and want to tell you about God.

Vengeful, unhinged stalkers

No shortage of unhinged folks in this world unfortunately. That might become my new favorite word...unhinged, I like that.

I'm not scared really. It's just that I have little money and a cheap mortgage so I'm not going to suddenly find a woman that I move in with unless it happens that she moves in with me. If a woman buys the food and buys her own clothes both of us could end up saving a little money. It's nice to be able to still have money when you are poor.

Getting hurt, I suppose.

Deb57 Level 8 Apr 14, 2018

Hights and wide open spaces

I am afraid of flying and burning to death. Otherwise, I'm not afraid of anything. I do get dizzy from heights though.

Not much..well except being set upon by thugs or christians..or haters..cause thats a daily fear being transgender..

not scared--just hopeful--

Here comes the question again making the rounds.

I fear that this will be like all the other sites I've tried...men made too afraid by my name and then my face to be willing to find out who i really am. So far the conversations have been interesting enough that I am just focused on thought and not really looking to hook up.

At this time, I'm in Thailand, but when I return to Lexington, KY, I plan to start dating fellow ballroom dancers and birders there.

My ex is still emailing me, hoping we'll get back together, and since he's a former Navy and airline pilot, if I were willing to forget his scary behavior when we were together, his retirement money would be helpful.

I'm scared of piano wires

Know NO fear.

Him falling too hard too fast. I do want companionship, friendship and lover but donā€™t see myself in a forever relationship. I also donā€™t want to hurt anyone. Itā€™s a tight rope to walk.

maybe the balance is in doing the walk on the rope, without worrying about when 'forever' may be? It's hard to not hope, nut if we all do our best, our kindest, then we won't live long enough to see forever;

but we will live long enough

Not much other than that greed and ignorance will prevail over empathy and rational thought.

The app running for long stretches at a time and causing my device to heat up, and in the process eventually causing it to explode? All joking aside though...why be scared on here? Sure, there are trolls present on here as they are on just about any other social media platform, but I see no reason to get scared. Maybe that's just me, as my main purpose for coming here was to support the community, and not to hook up. On another note...I have noticed that there is more interaction with the comments part than there is with posts. I've done quite a few posts now, some of which were rather extensive, and yet have received very minimal feedback/views on them, which kind of makes me wonder why I even bothered in the first place? Aside from that, this app can get interesting at times, but for the most part there's nothing to be scared about on here. Interesting question though, take care fellow heathen.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:57150
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.