Agnostic.com

11 1

Even though I became an atheist I’m still thinking about staying Catholic for Traditional purposes only. Not sure. Your thoughts?

SalC 6 Jan 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Become an Episcapalian. They are the LIBERAL catholics. Get the tradition & not the dogma. Works for some.

I think it would be offernsive to yourself

My thoughts? If it makes you happy and harms no one, go ahead.

I will give you thoughts only if you accept this.

For there are eunuchs who were born that way, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others--and there are those who choose to live like eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it." Matthew 19;12

Hypocrisy loves company.

If you can separate yourself from the excesses and abuses of the catholic church they sure, great social support system. I know too many people, both men and women who have suffered at the hands of the church, and the financial abuses and excesses just offend me deeply. There is not a church on the face of the earth that will ever get another dime out of me.

If you mean burial, it won't matter much. That should give you something to look forward to.

What does that mean, 'traditional purposes.'?

In my opinion traditions help form our person and choices. I never had to stop being Lutheran. I got a letter that informed me I gotta go since I don’t pay my 10%. Ah well. I have many friends that are Christian. What they don’t know or ask does not effect them. Make you happy!

. . . aside from ALL that is wrong about catholicism . . .

IMO, 'tradition' is antithetical to Critical Thinking !
Is there some rational for tradition other than "that's the way it (always) has been" ?
How is that ANY (good) reason for anything ?

Most Christians are lying atheist. Guess it depends on your ideal of morals versus necessarily for deception for survival.

Word Level 8 Jan 25, 2021
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:571904
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.