Agnostic.com

9 4

Could this be the go to solution for everyone's health?

I make a suggestion for a story that I hope many of you will grasp & work on. Perhaps a compilation of short stories or even a novel or to will eventually emerge.

The very bare skeleton:

We now live in a Covid 19 riven world where the stupid refuse to protect their fellow citizens by wearing masks, where governments & health organisations make illogical pronouncements & mandate orders accordingly. Meanwhile the death toll climbs and people pin their hopes on hastily produced & untested vaccines.

The greatest problem is that this pandemic, unlike the black death, is a largely unseen unrecognisable disease.

My suggestion for returning the world to greater functionality, and creating your story lines, is for the development of a means for ordinary people to recognise that others or themselves are infected.

I perceive two ways of achieving this:

• an electro-mechanical device compulsorily worn to alert others that you are indeed infected
Or
• all bodies be geneticaly modified so that infection results in a bright red or green spot appearing on the forehead to warn others to stay clear.

I leave it here for you to discuss, contribute to and hopefully all produce your wonderful works from.

See also "Pause for thought?" for others comments & ideas.

FrayedBear 9 Jan 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Unlike the vast majority, I do think it is a conspiracy. A Covid World order. Conspiracy exists, like 95,% of our crime is occupational crime. Absolute power corrupts.

Covid is closings in on 2 million debatable deaths,. Not as bad as some other viruses or diseases. The second world war had 80 million deaths. They didn't close down or lock down the whole world or stop working. People get immune to covid like any other viruses. On top of that, Poverty kills even greater

In the good "bad old days" like the American Civil War the supply of cotton to NW Lancashire dried up. Cheap Surat cotton from elsewhere was tried. Frequently t'mill owners would cause waivers to strike of th'own accord. That way they didn't have to pay the bugger's wages. And so it. The world has no sales orders, America is bankrupt. C19 is the answer.

me wearing a mask to protect you, how does that work? Governments invariably seek to make their ppl codependent, and i don't know but i suspect all this mask-focus is just cover for stealing more trillions. But i mean if one is worried about a virus with a 99.9% survival rate then def wear a mask, but that should be like .1% of the pop? What's wrong with your immune system?

What's wrong with your concern for 300000+ dead in America alone and the millions now permanently affected by the residual effect on heart, lungs & other organs?
As someone said "wearing a mask is not a test of freedom, political leaning or conspiracy. It is a test of intelligence."

@FrayedBear any idea how many dead in say 2009 or whatever, from flu? Dont be surprised if its 300k, ok

and im pretty sure whoever said that was biased?

@bbyrd009 by the way the suggestion within my post to compose stories would naturally include ability to recognise & warn others of the disease the same as a leper rings a bell to warn others to avoid them. Do you have a problem with that concept or like the spiteful suicide just want to grab onto others & take them with you?

@FrayedBear meh, i seem to be going either way, depending, but to my mind the second part there could be put more like "you become immune by getting infected; they are the same vector." Which seems to work for most viruses, flu viruses, the thousands of viruses we all share that mostly arent even named, but there are exceptions too, rabies, viral pneumonia, so i dunno tbh. Im not worried about getting infected, but wouldnt want to infect anyone who didnt feel the same way

Wow. What the heck are you drinking/smoking/consuming down there???
😆👌

i kinda expect this stuff from fascist believers, but i had hoped atheists were better informed, yeh

@bbyrd009 Your ancestors had a simple answer to prevent the spread of leprosy - segregation and a warning bell. Are you so arrogant that you cannot learn from the past?

@FrayedBear
I'm a true believer (is that ok to say here?) in wearing a mask and self quarantining. And I'll definitely take the two vaccine shots in early Feb.

@FrayedBear
Oh.... And yeah... I'm pretty arrogant. 😎🍷

@bigpawbullets already noted - it seems to be an American trait. 🤣 As used to be said in rugby "the bigger they are the harder they fall".

@FrayedBear seems like apples/oranges, dunno. Not worried about a virus w/a 99.9% survival rate tho, tks

@bbyrd009 You may have high survivals but upto 75% infected have ongoing long term problems and greater probability of death from those causes. By the way it seems the death rate after 24 million infections is 1.65%.
The following article addresses the issue of Covid19 longhaulers.
[eatthis.com]

@FrayedBear not disputing their numbers (bc i don't know) but i am noticing that a pretty wild range of diff numbers can be quoted

@bbyrd009 Do the math - 24 million infected has resulted in close to 400000 dead.

@FrayedBear seems we have reason to suspect either number though...

@bbyrd009 whether 12, 24, 48 or 50 million and 100k, 400k, or 600k the math does not compute to 0.1%! Perhaps your story will be a witty diatribe on 2 persons arguing over statistics whilst they walk through the supermarket or Congress infecting others with the C19 virus?

@FrayedBear maybe?

Have you ever read
"To See the Invisible Man" by Robert Silverberg

I'd recommend it in light of your proposition

No I haven't read it but if the following synopsis is correct [lucythomasillustrationsite.wordpress.com]
I see the parallel being to those in lockdown whether voluntarily or not.
Until drugs were developed to cure leprosy the only response was isolation & a warning bell. My concept is merely the warning bell.

There is no alarmism like full alarmist. If we are clever enough to do as you suggest, I posit those resources would be better spent getting vaccines in arms. When was the last time you heard of a case of polio or plague?

If people refuse the vaccine, let them die. Refuse treatment until all others are safe.

The so called vaccine has not been shown to give lifetime immunity like polio vaccine does.

@FrayedBear Very few vaccines give life time immunity, most require boosters after a period of time (including polio), and some such as the influenza vaccine require annual renewal. It is likely the C19 vaccine will be of the latter type as the virus has shown itself prone to mutation.

@FrayedBear different disease behave differently. There are several that need periodic boosters, some virus mutates faster than others. If you don’t want the vaccine, don’t get it? Other than spreading misinformation, what’s your point?

@LenHazell53, @Canndue. So long since I had mine I'd forgotten. A good national health service would now have the reminders automated instead of spending $millions excusing their inadequacies as happens in Australia.

The point is -

"I leave it here for you to discuss, contribute to and hopefully all produce your wonderful works from." What's yours?

@FrayedBear
I'd further point out that it hasn't really been long enough to determine how effective it is. We're all in the 'Beta-test' group. 😳

@bigpawbullets so true, it’s about balancing risk based on the expedited testing. Also unclear if it is effective against the new mutations.

I won't be taking the vaccine. Greater chance of dying from that, than the covid.

@bigpawbullets, @Canndue, @Castlepaloma 1.65q die. Upto 75% have long term ongoing symptoms some can also cause death.
[eatthis.com]

@FrayedBear visited nephew last weekend. He and whole family caught COVID. They now test negative 6 weeks latter, could barely stand let alone talk. And they are in late 30’s. It is nothing to sneeze at ( pardon the pun)

The solution for the people's health, is to be your own best doctor for most part. Don't trust the number one cause of death in the US, the health care system. The Government and the health care system lies to the people all the time.

For example. By their own Government stats. The US population has risen 3 three times greater in covid 2020 of 3 million population. Compare to 2019 of 1 million population. The black death or black plaque panoramic would decrease population of total Europe by half or more. Also US hospitals are more half empty rather than half full as they are normally. Pointing out people are healthier without the in hospital. The people, being their own has proven better doctor they better off taking care of themselves.

Another example by US medical records of chemo therapy success rate over five years is only 2.1. Any other product success rate, would be eliminated in a heartbeat.

Sheep, carry on with your program. Act like the Government has never lied to you before.

I will race you to the age of 100.

I never noticed that people were depending on the government for their healthcare? I wonder how I could have given myself a back operation so I could keep getting up off the toilet and walking?

What does "compare to 2019 of 1 million population." mean? For that matter, what is your point?

I suggest go to the emergency hospital for serious health emergency. Keep in mind you are your own best doctor. Because you, taking care of yourself first with food, excerize and sleep is an once of medicine vs an emergency room pound of cure. They will easily take your pound of flesh and some cases all your money too.

Half empty hospital do relate to rise of population. 2018 us population rise One million same for 2019. US 2020 raised to 3 million population, that's triple than both other years.
How can that be?

@Castlepaloma :crickets

@bbyrd009

They can do what they want. There are plenty of people like me, who think that your owner's have gone to a higher level with this covid new world order. Lucky for me, nobody owns me.

I like the idea of wearing a wrist band(?) like the one people are using to keep track of their steps for the day.

Vaccine. Your other suggestion, I am sorry, has echoes from the past. To choose something mostly innocuous, look up cribban. It is a welsh word.

My suggestion would require mandatory 100% compliance worldwide unlike the Welsh cribban or Nazi armband to identify homosexuals, Roma, Trade Unionists, and Jews which only applied to the exceptions.

@FrayedBear We will agree to disagree, if you don't mind.

@1950debris shrugs.

@1950debris the point of my post is to encourage people to write stories not argue the extent of the danger.

@FrayedBear OK, I missed the point. I am not disputing the extent of the danger.

" Meanwhile the death toll climbs and people pin their hopes on hastily produced & untested vaccines" Perhaps people who are alarmist and discourage trust in scientific processes should also be tagged. Hastily produced does not mean untested. When you pour billions into testing it goes much faster. It's classic, if jt takes 1 person 10 days it takes 10 people 1 day.

Even fully vaccinated it seems to require boosting every 6 months and does not guarantee a vaccinated person cannot be a carrier & infector. Or breeding ground for new strains to develop in.

@FrayedBear that's not what I've read. Do you have references?

@Cyklone references to what? Lifetime efficacy of the vaccine or that the innoculated may become breeding grounds for new sports?

@FrayedBear That it requires a booster every 6 months and that vaccinated people become breeding grounds for new strains. Historically, the latter is not true otherwise we would have been unable to eliminate smallpox as we did.

@Cyklone lol, my understanding is that smallpox is now held in biowarfare labs ready to unleash in WWIII. - Along with anthrax & more vicious forms of Covid!

I would not put it pass the Government for more disease warfare. They convinced the people to attack Iraq, when there were no Iraqis on those planes which Bush claim was the worst attack on America soil since Pearl Harbor. Middle East attack cost them more financially than Worldwar 2.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:572439
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.