Agnostic.com

15 21

LINK UPDATE. Baby dies in Romania after being immersed in baptism ⋆ Universul.net

I cannot imagine the pain these parents are going through, however.... where was the common sense? The baby was a preemie, and even church guidelines say newborns should only be sprinkled not immersed. Who the hell immerses babies in the name of an imaginary god? Xians do stupid things.

HippieChick58 9 Feb 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm sure there are a lot of books out there about atheism or the issues with religion, but wonder if there is one that succinctly just lists all of the atrocities in a very readable format. I've thought about writing a book about the church or about homophobia which then becomes a book about the church. I get discouraged when I see so many books already out there that haven't seem to have changed much. I think the issue is how you get the right audience to read these things. I wanted to call my book about homophobia, "The Gay Problem," hoping it would be appealing to people who think being gay is a problem. Then when you open the book, first line is, "There is no problem, some people just want to make it one. "

What the....? This is why I recently joined this site. This is just absurd. Putting aside that I am not religious to begin with, even for those that are, do they really believe that if their baby or child should die without being baptized that they would go to hell? What kind of God is that? Jesus Christ. Yep, just did that. Jesus would slap the crap out of these parents.

But, but, if a little holy water is good, more must be better...

Sorry for the baby who had no control. Sad they'll have another baby and go again. Either way he needs to be charged, he didn't follow the standard procedure and the baby died. At least depraved indifference.

Leelu Level 7 Feb 2, 2021

It's really hard for me to be sympathetic.
I know I'm "supposed" to express sorrow for their loss, but they brought it on themselves through their misguided beliefs and behavior.

Further evidence that having religion have anything to do with children is child abuse.

Yeah Im with you. I should feel sympathy but I really don't. At All.

If I remember right, wasn't that an accused witch when submerged in water if that accused witch died then it wasn't a witch. 🤔 But I am sorry for such a useless loss of life. 😔

I have just seen this on Facebook. I hope the priest is charged with manslaughter.

The evangelist nutters will probably be saying that the parents should be grateful that he was baptised so now he will go to heaven instead of floating about in limbo for eternity,
Sickening.

But it must have been Gawd's Will, right?

That’s their answer for everything. Blame it on something imaginary.

This is fuckin’ negligence more than anything else, as well as downright stupidity.

Guess that whole symbolic baptism thing of being reborn didn't quite work out....

Faithfools doing stupid shit again.

You can lead a theist to reason, but you can't make him/her think.

Murder

A sad and trying moment for a family doing what they thought was right 😢

This is utterly horrifying!!!!

Yes, they do. Similar to all religions...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:573611
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.