Agnostic.com

6 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My town has them beat! Of 1800 citizens, 1700 have, or have had the covid! Not kidding!

19,00 people where I live and ZERO cases of C-19 thankfully.

Article says the community was mostly following the rules but the large family size might be what accounts for the higher numbers. That said there have been other reports where the religious gatherings become super spreader events. IMHO the spread in the U.S. is mostly the right leaning fox media people. Their devotion to trump is no different (again IMHO) than the religious nutters and many trump followers are religious nutters.
Around my area we had very little community spread but the week of the Nov. 3rd election there was a spike by the time turkey day came around things were already out of control and the contact tracing was getting harder to keep up with.
My take? The republicans around here saw the writing on the wall and went fuck it, I'm tired of trying to show I think this is real and I'm just not going to wear the mask or think there is a pandemic. They gathered to commensurate their loss, the times I've had to go to the store later in the day I see many young people without masks. I do most of my weekly shopping in the early morning hours the stores still designate for seniors.

Why have large families in a situation that's already crowded? A recent Netflix show about orthodox Jews showed them believing that it was up to them to make up for the millions lost in the Holocaust. 70 years later they still follow this insanity.

This rather undermines the theory of "faith", doesn't seem to work in scientific studies! Faith is and will always be a crutch for the weak minded.

Faithfools doing stupid crap again. If covid only infected the stupid the rest of us would be okay.

So "God" didn't even bother to save his "chosen" from the pandemic? Makes you wonder if there even is a god and if these people are just suffering some kind of mass delusion.

Maybe they are aiming for herd immunity.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:573856
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.