Agnostic.com

12 7

Is the Catholic Church really "pro-life?"

This banner has been on proud display at a nearby Catholic church & school since the middle of the pandemic, last year. The church wanted to be put on the same level as the first responders and other essential workers like grocers and harvesters. This despite the fact that all honest and thinking persons realize that meeting in enclosed spaces for extended periods, even while wearing masks, often results in spread. Sure, less than two percent of those who tested positive for COVID have succumbed, but in this state, we're about to pass 42,000 fatalities!

Pro-life or "pro-offering" first?

p-nullifidian 8 Feb 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Pro tax free monies. So pro life they do not permit their clergy to procreate. (Not that I want them to.)

Pro Idiocy is a better description.

No. That's a misnomer that they love. They're pro birth. After that they couldn't care less.

Is that thing at the left supposed to be a holy virus? It seems to have a nucleic acid core (a little odd for it to be circular--that's more common in bacteria, I think), a capsid, a coat, and surface proteins.

It's sad to see these people thinking too high about themselves. I wouldn't rate them as essential. I see churches here in Ireland doing online services due to the pandemic and people in general adhere. Unfortunately, you have to adapt to the circumstances, period. For many people, it's an important part of their lives, whether we agree or not with what they believe in but I don't think it's the right time for this kind of attitude. In my opinion, they are giving a bad example. I respect more people/organisations that lead by example.

Just wear some Black Lives Matter attire and boom, they can go to church. Lol

Yes, about as ESSENTIAL as a dose of the CLAP at an Orgy BUT at least IF diagnosed early enough the CLAP can be cured.
What's up, Catholic Church, are your poor little Kiddy-fiddling Priesties running short of Altar Boys?
Getting a wee bit short of funds and the Priests have to have plain.ordinary, boring old sandwiches instead the luxurious meals they are accustomed to?

Scientists concur that without mass there would be no light or energy.

Therefore this pennant for penance is not without some truth.

To others it may be just a cliched reminder of the red flag to the bull pit.

If the building is essential then the builder should have done it on the sixth.

Is the Catholic Church pro life? Yes, and the mother can die giving birth to that baby. Health of the baby comes first.

Well, they're not pro the life of a girl or woman who has been raped & impregnated. They want her to be imprisoned in a emotional torture chamber, whilst her body is hijacked by a foetus, endangering her life physically & psychologically. Which is about the worst example of how pro-life they aren't.
Re the pandemic: a not controlled-by-the-doctrine life, has no value to them (their coffers). Regular top-ups of indoctrination (& the collection plate) are required, or xtian souls will be lost, to facts & logic. Better a dead xtian than a lost soul.

The Catholic Church has a liberal, pro-choice wing.

Yes. For example:
[catholicsforchoice.org]

With 1.3 billion Catholics in the world, there is bound to be dissension and fractionalization. The current pope is a lot more liberal than his recent predecessors.

@nicestuff Maybe changing with the times and the people, like any politician.

The evangelical catholics who pretty much just ignore the pope and support maga cults certainly aren't pro life, they even support the death penalty. That said, nothing good to say about the other Catholics. Just, thiis new, American made catholic is worse.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:573955
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.