Agnostic.com

7 5

LINK Conservative Christians Hate That the New American Girl Doll Has Lesbian Aunts | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

Five years ago, conservative Christians flipped out when American Girl magazine featured an article about foster care using a picture of a family with same-sex parents.

Now those same Christian bigots are angry that a new American Girl doll’s backstory involves two mothers.

snytiger6 9 Feb 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

So little time, so much to worry about.

How do dolls have lesbian aunts? Jerry Falwell used to think a cartoon character was gay because he said the character carried a purse. 🙂

I am clutching my pearls.

Do I hear yet again the tired old Chrustian wails of Persecution, persecution, persecution ?
Oh how nice it would be if they decided to hire a NEW scriptwriter for a change.

I have a most terrible sin to confess, Father. I am ... I am ... I am a heterosexual.

Shame, shame, shame upon you....LOL.

I think this is an especially good article by Hemant Mehta. Delightful skewering of the backlash!

American Girl has given in to "... feminist lies and deception ..." I'd love to hear an explanation of that wild remark.

"...destroying yet another valuable support for mothers raising children..." Yep, that fits with the old "gay marriage destroying hetero marriage" fiction. All the discriminatory anti-gay legislation was euphemistically titled "Defending Marriage" and similar diametrical falsehoods, when the actual purpose was to destroy legal marriage for gays.

What about the young girl who, in time, discovers she is lesbian? What support she will feel from this story from her childhood that said it was fine! Compare that to how these Christians would make her feel - sinful, bad, wrong, unnatural. These Christians are all about hate, not love. I'm glad there are also liberal Christians who understand gay is as godly as straight, but they need to speak up more loudly.

Well they hate everything so this doesn't surprise

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:574653
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.