Agnostic.com

16 14

What does "You embrace your femininity" mean?

"You embrace your femininity," a man messaged me on Fitness Singles yesterday. "The contrast of you in a dress and you in hiking clothing."

There's a compliment in there somewhere.

Sometimes I see myself as an intellectual jock.

What does "embracing your femininity" mean?

My bemused reply-

Hi Richard,

I don't understand what you meant by, "You embrace your femininity." Are you saying I'm not afraid to be sexy? Are you praising me for being thin? I doubt you would say this to an obese woman.

I would never tell a man, "You embrace your masculinity" because it would be misunderstood. Toxic masculinity springs to mind. It's tacit praise for swaggering, getting drunk, risk-taking, mansplaining, loudness, bragging, etc. Ugh.

LiterateHiker 9 Feb 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It simply means "be submissive to the man"

don't ingest all that feminine power equality stuff

biology is the real deal not this modern day toxic women plop

i blame social media

This is one of those awkward attempts at a pickup line from someone who has no confidence in himself. He thinks it will come across as thoughtful....when it really isn't.

he was giving her an important quality she should project for men or wanted to know if she does

ur kinda jerky for labeling any attempt as awkward

its not easy out there for a man to get the attention of a gal

being a simp is what all men think woman want but are surely mistaken

i bet both of the likes u got are from females

@HeAdAkE You're being a jerk for suggesting that women should care what men want us to project for their benefit. Why should I give a flying fig what you or any man want me to be?

F off....completely

@Larimar typical western woman! overweight and entitled! it doesnt feel good having to speak of the harsh truths 😟

@HeAdAkE typical insecure male, attacking women on weight or appearance, etc. And I know that you're so weak that you'll respond to this truth also. My appearance in any manner is not for your judgment.

@Larimar hey now!

im not attacking u

im simply telling it how it is with the information i have

thats all it is, i never meant to hurt ur feelings and i certainly am not concerned about ur appearance, u do u kid!

perhaps u are simply projecting as woman often do 😮

im certainly not weak nor typical, u are all over the place, its ok i aint shook

I don’t see you as embracing your femininity. I see you as embracing your personhood with all of the different facets you bring to it.

Hey Kathleen!
When I saw this pic...I wondered, you ever get a chance to visit those GIANT and Oldest pines trees of the Northwest? In the meantime, keep smiling your smile!

@CarlosG09034

Yup. And I always hug old growth trees.

"You embrace your femininity." I find that sentence kinda weird. It makes me wonder if that guy has a narrow and outdated notion of femininity. A notion on the submissive side. Does he have the impression that a lady loses her spark when she puts on some jeans and hiking boots?

@QuidamOutrepont

Exactly. Thank you.

I have no real idea what he meant. However, it suggests to me that he has not taken the time to understand your online persona, which persona suggests to me that you are very comfortable with every aspect of yourself.

I choose to interpret it (and I have NO clue what the original poster meant) as you are comfortable in your own skin. Ie: you know who you are, and you are quite comfortable with yourself.

It means the dumb fuck wants to get in your pants.

@Mofo1953

Thanks for the belly laugh.

Ahhh, the part he left unsaid; he wants to embrace her femininity too.

I'm sure there are a lot of men who would want to embrace your femininity. 😀

@BestWithoutGods

Very funny! I bat away men like pesky mosquitoes.

Your femininity is based on you and who you are not your clothing . And you are very feminine

@bobwjr

Thank you.

"What does 'You embrace your femininity' mean?" I asked the man I'm dating. Lindsey replied:

"You are very photogenic. And you are very pretty. The combination of those two characteristics lets your sensuality show through in your pictures. You make the clothes, not the other way around."

@LiterateHiker Smart man

Hey, wait a minute, those masculine traits you listed, are you saying they are bad? 😉

@Canndue

Yes, toxic masculinity springs to mind.

@LiterateHiker as opposed to toxic femininity?

@Canndue

Do you mean "Femi-Nazis" as Rush Limbaugh calls us?

@LiterateHiker heck no, he hates women, I love the dangerous creatures....part of that risk-taking trait....

@LiterateHiker That fat fuck can call me whatever he wants, I will never back down from knowing that ALL are equal.

@MizJ He has cancer so in not "fat" any longer. "Fuck" he still is.

Well, he certainly piqued your interest....

Maybe he means regardless of the different garments you wear for what ever occasion you always look your best in them

@RoyMillar

Thank you. I hope that's what he meant.

He probably meant that as a compliment.
Clearly, he's trying to say that you can do more than one thing, and perhaps he's a tad surprised.
😏

I agree with @Mitch07102 -- He was probably wishing he had something interesting to say.

My, and my father's, names are Richard. And about the most interesting thing about our names was how often people like bill collectors confused us. His middle initial was 'D', mine is 'C'.

The only chuckle I ever got out of it was in grade school. He was, among other things, a small town high school coach so I knew many of his students and they knew me. Dad's nickname was Dick so naturally to the kids he was 'Big Dick' and I was 'Little... Ha, ha I guess.😋

He probably has no idea, and now he's on the spot.

@Mitch07102

Very funny and apt. Ha!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:575279
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.