Agnostic.com

5 19

LINK “In Science We Trust” Billboard in Wisconsin Features Darwin with a Face Mask | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

In honor of Charles Darwin‘s birthday today, the Freedom From Religion Foundation just put up this billboard in Madison, Wisconsin, urging people to follow the science and wear face masks: (follow link to see picture of billboard)

snytiger6 9 Feb 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Hmmm, since those who need convincing go wear masks during this pandemic are those who are most likely to deny and be offended by Darwin and evolution, the association might be counter productive. I like the message, but I have been a dedicated mask wearer from the beginning.

If the goal were to get COVID deniers to wear masks, perhaps a billboard with a masked Jesus with a caption that says something like: in answer to prayers to be protected from this disease, Jesus sent you a mask. The message would be inconsistent with FFRF, but again, if the goal is to get those who refuse to wear masks to change their mask wearing behaviors .....

Waste of time and money. Target audience are basically qanon conspiracy theory morons.

I like the idea but people will argue and fight with you over wearing a face mask.

That is intelligent humor!

I can just imagine Trumpers driving by in their Ram pickups going berserk, if they only knew who Darwin was. They are living proof they we evolved from apes.

Apes are so much kinder and caring.

@Beowulfsfriend And think more!

WHOA! Didn’t we and apes ( esp. bonobos ) have a common ancestor?

A related question: do bonobos have an original sin?

@yvilletom Yes, what I said is wrong. We are all primates though. That common ancestor was a primate, a more highly evolved apelike creature. But yes, you are right Tom, it's incorrect for me to say "we evolved from the apes" I stand corrected.

@barjoe I remember that argument because it persuaded a friend of mine to accept evolution.

@yvilletom Bonobos? Chimps? Original sin? That would be from our common ancestor. Eve. Sure blame the female for eating the forbidden fruit. The serpent is the only reference to Satan in the old Testament. The original sin was actually committed by Cain. The bible is such a load of bullshit

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:576120
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.