Agnostic.com

9 8

LINK Iowa GOP Lawmaker Wants to Know Everyone’s Sexual Orientation Before Marriage | Val Wilde | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

What if you had to register your sexual orientation with the state in order to marry? And what if the orientation you chose was legally binding, such that you could be guilty of a crime or lose custody of your children for changing your mind?

An Iowa bill (Senate File 2130) proposes just that: Applicants for a marriage license would have to specify whether they are bisexual, heterosexual, homosexual, questioning, or “unsure.” (There’s also a blank to fill in for anyone who identifies outside of the listed options.)

snytiger6 9 Feb 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Religion again

bobwjr Level 10 Feb 22, 2021

Wow, that is way more invasive than the questions our marriage licenses here in Hawaii. We just ask the gender of each marriage applicant and whether they will be bride, groom, partner or spouse. Nothing about sexual preferences other than that.

So, in Iowa, if this proposal passes, what if a person's sexual preferences change at some point after the wedding, would they then be found guilty of perjury? I don't think it's the state's business at all to ask questions like that. If they do, I hope they will be optional questions such as many of the questions Hawaii's application asks such as education level, ethnicity, etc.

And here I thought Repub's were the party of smaller government that DIDN'T intrude on anyone's life. Guess not.

That is just a code for blocking anything proposed by a Democrat.

Republicans don't think the rules (or laws) should ever apply to themselves.

That prying little prick can keep his snout of my sexual orientation. What would he do if my sexual orientation changed after I became married?

Fuck him with a piece of rough-sawn 2"x4".

The guy is looney

And “pray tell” what will they use this information for? Nefarious reasons almost certainly.

CS60 Level 7 Feb 21, 2021

Disgusting.....Pitiful....but nothing shocking anymore.

Even if some insane maniac ran up and down some street and killed everybody it wouldn’t be surprising anymore.

Yup. Sounds like Iowa for sure.

What’s next? Penis size, age of first menstruations, plans for children, feelings about your mother in law. They can’t balance a budget or relieve homelessness, but they sure do take an interest in everyone’s personal lives. 😡

Then what times you went to the toilet, whether you shit or piss, or whether you sleep in a king size bed.

I believe it’s just a matter of time until they’re able to read minds.

@CuddyCruiser It is easy to read minds when you get people to think what you tell them to think.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:577816
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.