Agnostic.com

6 9

LINK Conservative Writer Admits Christians Are “Better Known for Our Hate” | Beth Stoneburner | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

Author Michael Brown, who claimed last month that the Capitol riot shouldn’t be blamed on Christians just because there were a bunch of Christians there, is very unhappy that Christianity has such a bad reputation.

In fact, addressing a popular worship tune that says “They will know us by our love,” he wonders, with tongue firmly in cheek, if it ought to be changed to “They will know us by our hate.”

It’s actually not that outlandish a suggestion. For a large segment of the American Christian population, that sentiment may well be true.

snytiger6 9 Feb 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

And it's not just the hate, it's the hypocrisy. Evangelicals gave solid support to Trump who never supported them, except for his Supreme Court appointments. Trump fomented hate like no other president ever did, and the Evangelicals remained 100% loyal. They repudiated their own values, and really showed that their claimed values never really meant anything to them.

As the world increasingly adopts ideas like human rights, and respect for human diversity, as the norm, where can the hateful people go ?

Science offers no support for hate, politics demands respect for majority opinion, philosophy for logic etc. But religion with increasingly no role in the global debate, is looking for support/money/credibility wherever it can find it, asks no questions, and can be manipulated to say anything you want.

Do you think its a given ?

Yes, those Christians hate people of other religions, those outside their own particular sect of Christianity, atheists, everybody who is not 100% heterosexual, and trans people.

I’m glad I disposed all of this shit decades ago. Some loved ones were disappointed, but that’s fine because we cannot please everyone. They’ve learned to accept it.

I know them for their hate. Christians talk about love and it is a charade.

Yeah. It's mroe liek a bait and switch con...

Now, WHY am I not surprised at this?
Given my personal experiences with ALL the Sects of Chrustianity, Catholics Hate and Detest anyone who is not a Catholic, Anglicans hate Catholics, Methodists, Presbyterians, Baptists, etc, etc, who also hate each other, i.e. Catholics, Anglicans and the like, Jehovah's Witness literally abhor anyone who is NOT one of them, Morons, sorry typo Mormons hate, despise and disparage EVERYONE who is not a Mormon and list goes on and on almost endlessly.
Then comes the final 'crunch' where they hate Atheists and Agnostics, etc, etc, as well.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:578013
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.