Agnostic.com

6 14

LINK The Southern Baptist Convention Expelled Two Churches for Being LGBTQ-Friendly | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

Yesterday, the Southern Baptist Convention’s Executive Committee decided to expel four churches from its membership for committing theological crimes against humanity.

Antioch Baptist Church in Sevierville, Tennessee was booted because its pastor was convicted of statutory rape. His victim was a 16-year-old member of his congregation. Makes sense to kick them out.

West Side Baptist Church in Sharpsville, Pennsylvania was booted because its pastor is a registered sex offender whose victim was a child. Makes sense to eject them, too, no matter how much the congregation wants to wipe away his crimes with Jesus.

But the two other churches — Towne View Baptist Church in Kennesaw, Georgia and St. Matthews Baptist Church in Louisville, Kentucky — were booted because their congregations are too welcoming of LGBTQ people.

snytiger6 9 Feb 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I was raised in the Southern Baptist church. I am so glad to be out.

There will be plenty of other church organizations willing to take them in. Before restrictions prohibiting gay marriage were removed by the court, churches of all sorts - even the Southern Baptists - had divisions with some congrations supporting marriage equality and others against it. Several national church organizations faced schisms and divisions over the issue.

Chrustian Bigotry, etc, etc, strikes again I see.

The SBC should be more appropriately named The Moron Convention. Tolerate abuse by priests......that’s OK with them. But LGBTQ is that bad even though they pose no threat.

The power of brainwashing and manipulation.

These assholes wouldn't know "Jesus" even if he dropped a temple on them.
They just do this shit as justification for their own hate and ignorance.
Religion sucks.

They wouldn’t know even if this was inserted into their fruity fudge tunnel!! LOL

If they ever met Jesus, that is if he were real, they'd try to have him deported because he wouldn't be white and is Middle Eastern.

@snytiger6 I just wonder if Trumptards realize that.

@CuddyCruiser Probably not. Most of them think he spoke English.

@KKGator Or that he is “God”. After all it’s all about Blind Loyalty

@CuddyCruiser So easily fooled it's pathetic.

You know what Jesus said about homosexuality..................................nothing. look at what he really railed about - Divorce was really in his radar, as was caring for the sickly and the foreign folks even.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:578402
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.