Agnostic.com

8 13

LINK Christian Writer Claims Her PMS is One of the “Effects of Sin” | Beth Stoneburner | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

Of all the important spiritual topics in the world right now, the Christian organization The Gospel Coalition has published an article about… PMS.

Despite being written by a woman, author and editor Rachel Jones, the piece is stained with misogynistic tropes that made me angry before they made me sad.

snytiger6 9 Feb 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It is often said that men think with their testicles. Perhaps she is thinking with her vagina.

I wonder what this writer thinks about the menopause. Maybe women suddenly become more pure after they effectively lose the ability to have a child.

This must mean that having children is somehow sinful and we should find a way to keep women more holy by ensuring they only have children that they definitely want and are capable of caring for appropriately.

If only there was some easy way of preventing women from having accidental or unwanted pregnancies. Oh wait...

PMS is premenstrual syndrome. If this woman is correct it would mean that Eve sinned before she really did sin. This is assuming that eating the forbidden fruit was the sin. I say this because before Eve's sin there was no childbirth. This likely would mean no menstruation.

Sure, blame it on Mother Eve...

I'm constantly amazed by how many otherwise seemingly intelligent people can't ask themselves, "If God wanted to forgive people's sins, why didn't he just... forgive them? Why go through the rigamarole of impregnating a young woman (not a virgin, in the original Hebrew prophecy), being born as a human, living 33 years and then getting crucified? Which, since he was God all that time, only hurt if or because he wanted it to."

It all started from the Hebrew scapegoat system, I'm sure we know; load your sins onto this poor goat, and then sacrifice it to appease a celestial dictator who either can't or won't do anything without something dying for it.

The answer, of course, is there isn't an answer. It's all make-believe.

Her PMS is an effect of her sin, or of someone else’s sin?

"Yes."

ROMFLMAO.
Is this woman stupid, insane or WHAT?
There IS a solution to her SINFUL PMS problems, it is called A Total Hysterectomy, NO more PMS, No more punishment for those supposed sins of the flesh, etc, etc, sadly though, brain transplantation is as yet an impossibility in cases like her.

Yet another reason religion is evil.

“With or without religion, good people can behave well and bad people can do evil; but for good people to do evil - that takes religion.”

― Steven Weinberg

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:579202
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.