Agnostic.com

10 33

LINK FFRF attains free speech victory in Alabama - Freedom From Religion Foundation

The Freedom From Religion Foundation has obtained a victory for secularism and free speech in Alabama.

An Alabama resident contacted the state/church watchdog after being told that a request for a personalized “S8TAN” plate was “offensive to the peace and dignity of the state of Alabama” and would not be issued. The individual had been given a temporary plate for a couple of months, but then the Motor Vehicle Division in the Alabama Departmen of Revenue sent a letter refusing the plate.

Alabama’s regulations concerning the wording of personalized plates are unconstitutional, FFRF informed the Alabama Motor Vehicle Division. Just last year, FFRF and the ACLU of Kentucky won a three-year legal battle on behalf of a Kentucky resident who was denied a license plate saying, “IM GOD.” The state of Kentucky was ordered to pay more than $150,000 in attorneys fees as a result of defending its unconstitutional conduct.

HippieChick58 9 Mar 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I honestly love the dragon most of all. What a weird state.

Whats Tan level S8?

Shove this one down their throats!!

I bet the Bible-belt Chrustians really LOVE that one, NOT?
A bit like the reaction that an old friend of mine got from the local God-mobsters back in 1979 with his personal Number plates ( license Plates in America btw) when he got " FU2GOD" on his and drove his car around town.
Btw, he STILL has the car and the plates on it but as it is registered now as Classic he ONLY drives it around at Easter and on Xmas.
Stretch, his nickname btw, reckons it's impervious to rust because of all the Holy water that has been tossed at it over the decades....LOL.

That musta been a lot of fun!!

@CuddyCruiser Yes, those were the Good old days indeed.

Sweet!

Leelu Level 7 Mar 2, 2021

This sort of thing is normal for FFRF.In their monthly newsletter there are pages of such victories.

All Hail S8TAN!

Great victory for that person, but I wouldn't put that on my plate.

That's baller. Personally, I think all personalized plates, bumper stickers, and billboards should be banned, but short of that they shouldn't be infringing on free speech.

That's the Foundation Ron Regan does an ad for. He won't burn in hell.

And he isn’t afraid to either!! LOL

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:579673
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.