Agnostic.com

8 3

I drink my beer unchilled, because if it's ice-cold then you cannot taste it - and if you don't like the taste then why do you drink it.

Petter 9 Mar 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Personally, I prefer my beer at room temperature too. It's all about being able to taste the flavors, right? Plus, sometimes when it's too cold, it can give me brain freeze - not fun! Anyway, I think the same logic can apply to other things we consume. For example, have you ever tried vaping? I recently got a new vape from a smoke shop delivery in Arizona, and I've been really enjoying it. Just like with beer, if it's too cold or too hot, you won't be able to taste the flavors as well. But when you find that sweet spot, it's really a game-changer. So, while some people might not understand our preference for unchilled beer or room temperature vapes, we know what we like and that's all that matters.

Welcome to Agnostics. Make yourself at home and join in the debates, banter and community spirit.
Being ex-Kenyan, we also learned that ice-cold drinks do not cool you down, because the cold liquid inside you causes your natural cooling system to shut down in alarm and start up your natural warming system.

Drank it many times in Army never developed a taste for it

Hmm... something to think about. The taste of warm beer is too strong for me. I guess I like the lighter taste of cold beer. I can still taste it, and it tastes good to me cold. Same with water, it tastes sweeter to me when super cold. I also like my wine and fruit juices cold, rather than room temperature. Just my personal preference I suppose.

Because it flushes the kidneys & the buzz is great. It is liquid bread. But it is proof that the god's love us & want us to be happy. As Benjamin Franklin said.

I half agree with that argument, but I think it's too simplistic. I feel that way about mint chocolate chip ice cream because it basically turns the chips into pieces of unflavored wax. However, there are varying flavors you'll get at different temperatures of beers and wines that are all subjective to each individual. I would instead recommend people try their beverages at recommended or manufacturer suggested temperatures to see how they personally like it the best. And when you find a person who recommends things the way you enjoy them most maybe ask them for more recommendations because you two have similar tastes. My mom likes her red wine with a slight chill. For most reds I disagree, but there is one Italian wine she gets that I do enjoy much more after a short stint in the fridge.
Also, an ice cold beer while a blazing hot shower beats down on your neck and shoulders, regardless of how much the chill hides the flavor profile, is one of the most glorious fucking things ever. You're doing yourself a disservice not trying that.

I don't drink beer, ever. I don't drink any carbonated beverages, they don't agree with me. My favorite drink is water, and the colder the better, and yes, I've been known to chew on ice cubes. No champagne, no soda, no beer, and some wines, nothing sparkling. I think not drinking soda alone has kept me from serious consequences of obesity.

Excessively cold drinks are extremely bad for your body.

@Petter I love cold water, and I'm 63. I don't feel like it has caused very much harm.

@HippieChick58 You're a youngster. Your stomach may yet bite back!

@Petter I've never heard that cold drinks are bad for the body - I'm far more likely to hydrate my body after exercise with super cold water, than I would be if I was sipping tepid water, which I don't enjoy. For me, whatever gets the job done, cold water on a hot day or hot water on a cold day, hydration is better than dehydration for me. I'll take my chances with the cold beverages, since it's a joy to me.

In Germany beer is kept and consumed at room temperature.

Civilised!

For its mind-altering properties.

skado Level 9 Mar 3, 2021

Ditto 🙂

@skafo @freeofgod A joint works better.

@Petter , or special brownies 😉 Had to give up alcohol twenty years ago. Ulcers.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:579872
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.