Agnostic.com

8 8

LINK Christian Film “20 Minutes” Falsely Suggests Atheists Find God When Facing Death | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

This August will see the release of a Christian film called 20 Minutes, a reference to how long it takes for a nuclear missile to end the lives of the main characters. It will force atheists to rethink their life — and their belief in God — before it’s too late.

If any of that sounds familiar, it’s because the director, Tim Chey, got the idea from the emergency text that went out to people in Hawaii in 2018. It took 38 minutes before that alert was officially declared a false alarm.

snytiger6 9 Mar 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Just another version of the old “no atheists in foxholes” myth. I think that most christians really fear death, despite their alleged belief in an afterlife.

Repeating that bullshit will never make it true.

It works, unfortunately on the Trumpanzees, and before that, in Nazi Germany and Fascist Italy.......The Joseph Goebbals School of Propaganda. Tell a lie enough times, everyone will believe it sooner or later.

@CuddyCruiser Not everyone.

@KKGator Ok my error......mostly everyone.

No amount of belief in anything will save or protect anyone from a nuclear bomb. BTW, there is no god to find. Said this before. Lincoln posited that soldiers on the North and South pray to the same god. Both sides lost hordes of praying soldiers.

Faithfools spouting more human crap. Most faithfools don't even read their bible cover to cover.

You got that right!!

It was once said that a Scientist reads a lot of books but still realizes there’s a lot to learn.

Most Religious people don’t even fully read the Bible, yet still think they “Know it all”.

Tim Chey is several tiles short of a roof. His refusal to use his (God-given?) brain amuses me.

LOL a few fries short of a happy meal!!

His only brain is between his legs.

@CuddyCruiser That phrase about fries is a new one to me. Thanks for sharing. 🙂

@anglophone Another good one was, if someone was a little bit off, was,

We know your not playing with 52, because your a joker.

Sounds to me like a re-take on the saying that there NO Atheists in fox-holes.
I guess who ever coined that phrase was NEVER involved in a War or a battle because most Western Military Services have a Standing Order that ALL Members are required to attend Religious Services.
I had 1 Great-Uncle who served at Gallipoli and on the Western Front in WWI and 2 Uncles who served in WWII, I did 1 Tour in Vietnam as an Evac Chopper Pilot and at least 85% of the soldiers either my Great Uncle, my 2 Uncles and I ever met were Atheists.

They’ll just never acknowledge that an overwhelming number of Atheists were once believers.

This sounds interesting. If it happens to me which god am I going to believe in during the last 20 minutes of my life? This is yet another total fail posed as a serious question.

Note also that I might swear and use the name of god, a god, or Jesus, etc. This swearing in no way means that I am calling upon a deity.

Maybe that's to give you some time to think it over, I mean you know there's some pretty good gods out there you know what the hell look at Zeus he can throw lightning ⚡

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:580526
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.