Agnostic.com

47 5

69 Visitors and no one says 'hello'

Why do so many people visit my profile and not say hello? Can you imagine that in real life. Someone sat in your front room. Looks round your house then goes without a word?? Say hi..I generally don't bite, well unless yer an absolute git.

Amisja 8 Apr 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

47 comments (26 - 47)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Hello!
Glad you have joined us!
I visit profiles after I read peoples comments on the posts. It doesn't mean I'm necessarily interested in them as potential partners. I usually want to put their comments in context, or see where they are from, etc,.. I'm nosey about our community thing.
Enjoy! Keep posting!

Oh ok

Hello, how are you Amisja?

Great thanks

I look at many people's profile pages to get a feel for where they are coming from -- what their bio says, where they live, how old they are, and when they joined the site.

I might also click on somebody's profile to find posts or comments I remember them making.

My looking at a profile page/bio is not indicative of my interest in having a private conversation or wanting to date that person.

For some people, they are checking out profiles for that reason -- and that's great! But, I'm sure that's not the case for everbody.

That said, there are times I'd like to say "Hi" or "Welcome" just based on somebody's profile/joining. I see above that Admin is working on that.

So, Hi! And, Welcome! 🙂

Hiya xx

Hello!!! 🙂 How are you? Hope you're haveing a good Monday!

My monday was reasonably good. Onwards to tuesday

Hi there. Hope you had a good day today.

Hey same to you x

You look a very nice lady here is my greeting im new here still finding how this works. Im in New Zealand the land of the long white cloud.

My sister used to live in New Zealand but came back to UK. I live in the land of the constant grey cloud!

hello

Hiya

Well I stopped by your page go give you a big Welcome and and a Huge Hello! Join groups, post, and have fun!

Hi and thank you

You totally rock for using the term ‘front room’. I agree also. I have lots of lurkers. Many of them don’t say hi. I just figure they’re not interested.

Hi and thank you

Hi how are you ? I don't quite understand the idea of this site
J

Hiya just chat and share ideas xx

Hi

Hello

ebdb Level 7 May 6, 2018

Hiya x

Why I visit a profile?

To see if the person "is what I am looking for". OK? Well, let say I find a gent that fulfills most of what I want in a partner...but he lives 2,000Kms /miles away. You can bet your nose -and win- I won't say hello to that person.

Hello....welcome to the site. I'm sure you will make friends....just takes a little while.

Hello. I just visited your profile; I don't think I had been there before.
Most of us are friendly, but that is usually accompanied by curiosity. Please don't take offense.

Online communications are different than real life ones. If I message you online it's immediately a private conversation. As others have said there's no friendly greeting option, but even if there were it would be seen as a less committal intro to said private conversation.

Unless there's a chat room option where everything is real time it doesn't seems like a friendly "hi there" will really ever be common

I don't look at profiles or could care less about age, height, color, creed or nation of Origin. I don't talk to Profiles if that makes more sense.

I don't mind a drive-by.

Hello! Some people may just be checking you out. But I've got the guts to say hi!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:58093
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.