Agnostic.com

5 6

LINK LGBTQ Catholics Stung by Vatican Rebuff of Same-Sex Unions | Time

Truly, you'd think these progressive, diversity, and so-called kitchen Catholics would wake up and smell the roses. The Church will never fundamentally change; Pope Frank will make anything more than window dressing change in a hope to keep the progressive types, to string them along, play them for suckers. I've got a family group around me, some definitely in the LGBTQ groups, but still they'll stick with Church, even though they're considered sinful by this church. Beats me. And there are millions like this. You'd think they'd wake up.

David1955 8 Mar 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yep. The man, pope Francis, can say whatever he wants and appear to be a progressive thinker. However, the ear of god, pope Francis, will continue to enforce age old church doctrine.

Not long after Frank became Pope i read a great article from an atheist who said don't believe Frank's BS about reforming the church. All he'll do, the writer said, is fool the progressives with spin to string them along, wink and nod to the reactionary base of the church to assure them that nothing will change, and while playing off the end against the middle, keep the bucks flowing into the church. He was dead on, and this only months after Frank was installed. He also predicted that this typical politicians play could only go on for so long until people woke up, just like with politicians. Again, he was right. Frank's gloss has gone, and the foolish progressives are 'disappointed' with the lack of reform. More fool them.

Yes, you would think they would wake up. I've always found it strange that LGBTQ people want to continue in some way to worship their god. No religious unity, just another group or denomination. This is the real "tongues of fire" that caused Christianity to spread so fast from the beginning. You can believe and believe anything you want to. Add to it, or take away. Christianity is yours now.

I have long felt that more many people religion is more about habit and ritual and group identity, rather than beliefs and theology. I guess this is true of LGBTQ people as well. As to why they wish to associate with a religion that rejects their legitimacy is something I've never understood, despite various explanations.

@David1955 you are so right. The Catholics I was surrounded by never read the Bible, didn’t really understand what it was all about, and went through the motions on Sunday by rote.

@Canndue I read BOTH the Holy Bible and the Satanic Bible exactly once.......Nothing in either of them really caught my attention. Sunday mass brainwashing was enough that I could still remember ‘The our father’....’The profession of faith’.....’The holy Mary’ so well to this day. IMO the Satanic Bible was only a little less boring and stupid sounding.

@CuddyCruiser I get it. I read the Bible to get answers that the religious folks around were unsure of. Al it did was convince me it was all bs

It is almost like those coming out against the proclamation haven't ready their bible.

They are considered abominations by the cult they are following but still they follow and want it to change. Hell about 100 odd years ago that cult would have burned them alive for being what they are so I guess they are making some progress at least now the burning is saved for their afterlife although it is eternal now not just until they are dead.

Well they pretend that have progressed. Give those old farts at the RCC some truth serum and they'd still admit that anyone not part of their narrow moral framework is destined for god's judgement and hell. I'm not fooled by any this appalling church's phoney tolerance.

Sounds like the same mentality as the abused woman or man that goes back to the abuser. In some cases multiple times.

I think of it as cult thinking. Big cult, small cult, they are all the same.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:582482
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.