Agnostic.com

22 5

If this so called god actually exists....simple question...where did he come from...he could not have come from from the earth...he invented it ...so where is he from...?

#god
James121 7 Mar 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

22 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

God came from the imagination of men.

barjoe Level 9 Mar 16, 2021

I agree. Or the stories of men.

Never try to use logic on religion, if you can do logic, religion is not for you, so don't go where you are not wanted. LOL

What religion are you talking about now?I know your not trying to imply biblical text as a religion.

@Word All religion.

@Fernapple First, religion is about responsibility as defined for 2000 years in biblical text. Religion is about helping widows and orphans while avoiding worldly corruption. I know, I've said it like a billion times, almost as many times as the text has been printed and achieved Guinness book of world record for being most copied text of its kind.

How is that not a logical basis for what religion is?

Then, from that text we get a start of people running around naked all "animal like" having children and then they are introduced to the tree of knowledge of good and evil. Logic is based on knowledge of good and evil. As a starting development point of seperation from lower cognition capability monkeys, people acquired understanding of higher order of intelligence capabilities, logic.

We further see a connection in John 1:1 In the beginning was the logos...

Logos is thought/word/speach/reason.

Maybe you can understand from logos it is divided like branches of a tree into good and evil from which logic is derived, logical and illogical.

There can be good Logos: thought/word/speach/reason. Hence we get logical.

And, evil(bad) Logos: thought/word/speach/reason. Hence we get illogical.

Now, explain to me how biblical text and logic doesn't go together?

@Word My cells and a virus, go together but that does not make me a virus.

@Fernapple Forsure, there are things about biblical text that could, as illogical atheist Richard Dawkins purposes, cause a mind virus and as biblical text would indicate that mind virus became a person, Jesus character. So, you might be the evolutionary end product of what started out as a mind virus.

@Word I was using virus and cells metaphorically.

@Fernapple I am saying literally.

It's all make-believe.

Came out of someone's ass.

oh man that's funny

In engineering, when offering an 'off-the-cuff' response to a question from management, we called it a PIDOOMA ... pulled it directly out of my ass! 😉

I can always depend on you for an eloquent answer. (She said laughing profusely)

..... from whoever invented him, that's where.

I think god is pissed off or just pissed if you are American because he started it all with the big bang so that means he is outside looking in and can't influence anything. Alternatively he is both inside and outside at the same time so he is beside himself and equally annoyed.

Morbid Brains.

Newark, I’m pretty sure he came from Newark

Yep they always come from Jersey.

Man made dog in his image, the rest is BS.

yup he was just created for the book...I tried to ask this same question to a priest and they could not answer it either....he has always been looking after us was his only sad coherent reply...thanks guys...keep a faith...lol

There is no objective evidence that any god exist.

True, but believers claim "god always existed." That sets them up for a lot of verbal crap.

Please read "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court" it will perfectly answer your question.

"HE" came from the mind of person trying to explain their own lack of knowledge. "HE" came from an LSD trip.

why try to literalize a construct? you might see the point of making the Name "unpronounceable," AEOU or whatever, YHWH? What the haters down lower are saying, "out of our ass," is likely not a bad way of putting it, or at least not the worst way

Asking questions is generally not encouraged by the religious community. The minute you start questioning things you risk "losing" your religion.

ABack Level 6 Mar 18, 2021

Seeing as it's meant to be the all powerful creator of everything ever then by definition it can't itself have been created. So it must have just evolved. Oh, wait, things evolving without a creator? To quote Douglas Adams on the subject:

' "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.'

Salo Level 7 Mar 17, 2021

God is a human construct and takes as many forms as is necessary to describe the indescribable.
I don't waste my time even thinking about it. It gives me a headache.

The answer I always got was he's always been there. 🤣😂🤪

IT, theoretically, has always been here and always will be.
IT might be energy, light, mass.
After all energy equals mass times the speed of light squared, and energy cannot be created or destroyed
Okay? Got it?
Glad I could help

It's definitely not Newark, I believe it was south of Gary Indiana.

And just how many angels can dance on the head of a pin?

Yes, of course, but a believer will argue it was always there, it just is. You can’t
escape their logic... or lack of logic. To which I reply, why a a so complex being can be without being created and a universe made of particules cannot? It is a position of faith. In fact we need to admit we don’t have the answer, we as human don’t have the capacities to understand . Evolution might bring it to us some day maybe, or if we are really lucky, we will discover new science to do it. The fact is there is no proof given and scientifically acceptable of the existence of a god. By the way, why should there be only one?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:582529
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.