Agnostic.com

1 0

LINK This Is Their Year!: The Taliban MLB Franchise Favored To Win It All - Antiwar.com Original

"Vietnam allusions are almost as tired and oft-misapplied as World War II Munich analogies. Still, there’s something striking about the shared hopelessness of America’s Southeast Asian and Afghan adventures – about their common hubris and delusional refusal to accept reality. In both wars, lots of Americans and locals were killed long after the game was in the books. In both, the lumbering superpower team and its crusty owners rested on expired laurels and played by obsolete old rules against a gritty and adaptable no-quit enemy. In neither Vietnam nor Afghanistan did the declining dynasty recognize its dynasty days were done, and change course to align with new realities, until it was long past too late. So neither ended, or will end, well."

WilliamCharles 8 Mar 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Too many metaphors. I don’t know what you’re wanting to say about what or whom.

Not my words. Major Danny Sjursen (ret) is the author. The FB page that he linked it from acknowledges the gimmick of the theme, but I think he pulled it off and helped make the situation more readily understandable. Just like in Nam, where the big leaguers were getting beat by the team in black pajamas, the US is still in many ways "out of their league" against the Taliban.

I've seen "Moneyball" so that helps.

I'm pretty certain the main reasons for remaining there are the strategic minerals and the offbook money from the heroin trade.

@WilliamCharles And the Tonkin Gulf oil.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:584413
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.